Things I Saw Today

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Mable, Sep 9, 2005.

1. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2005

Sounds beautiful! :)

2. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2005

I saw Christmas decorations up at the store today. Yes they were beautiful but I'm not ready.

3. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2005

I saw my husband hang up "Jack O' Lantern lights in our kitchen window and every time our little grandson went in the kitchen he pointed and said, "OH!"...all wide-eyed and adorable.
    I saw him fall asleep tonight in his little bed as I rubbed his wiggly little legs and we listened to soft bed time music. Those legs made a lot of miles today, at the park and in the back yard!

4. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Oct 1, 2005

Oh, I saw some fake Christmas trees in Filene's this afternoon. The display wasn't completed yet, but it was obvious it was Christmas-themed. I swear they go up earlier and earlier every year! I loooove the Christmas season...the lights, decorations, music, buying gifts....but come on! It's only the first of October!

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2005

I know...I am trying not to look at any of the Christmas displays yet! It's not even Halloween for Pete's sakes!

6. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Oct 1, 2005

Grammy, I don't know how much time you spend with your grandson, but from your posts it sounds like you're having a wonderful weekend with him! :)

7. Rosieo

Rosieo Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2005

At least let's get through Halloween before getting those Christmas decorations up. Grammy you sound like the greatest Grammy around. Your grandchildren are lucky!

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2005

We ask for him every weekend, usually one night because we are so busy. I could just keep him! He is only one year old and our only grandchild.

9. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2005

I had wished for a grandchild someday, preferably after I retired so that we weren't so busy...but, here he is and he is the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

10. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 1, 2005

Lucky little boy! :)

11. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2005

My kitty, Lily, puffed up. She is beginning to get her winter coat and is very, very soft and fuzzy right now.

12. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 2, 2005

I love it when they get their winter coats and get all "puffed up!"
    I saw my lazy Redman laying on his back in one of the kitty baskets...dead to the world...and right next to him on the window ledge was Eddie. Right now I see Klaus laying on the picnic table soaking up some late afternoon sun and listening to music with my husband .

13. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Oct 2, 2005

Today I watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees 10-1 and win the wildcard spot for the post-season. :) Unfortunately, I only watched on t.v. and not at Fenway Park.

I also saw a flock of birds (at least 50 of them) flying from the trees to the ground in my yard and then back to the trees over and over again. Getting ready to fly south for the winter?

14. Carmen13

Carmen13 Groupie

Oct 3, 2005

I've just seen a solar eclipse!

15. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 3, 2005

I watched my cat Tigger, arch her back and spit at my brother's dog. Poor dog, she cocked her head as if asking, what is your problem?

16. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2005

I looked at my old dog, Hazel, a little differently today. I think she's getting to the end.

17. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 3, 2005

lve2tch, I wrote in an earlier thread about that very thing. I can remember when our old dog reached the end of her happy life with us. I sat in the sun and held her close and hugged and thanked her for being our good dog. I just couldn't see her suffer any more...her legs were bad, and she didn't seem to know what she was really doing anymore...just sort of staring off into space. I know how it is and I know that Hazel will be happy to meet my Cookie someday. Until then you have so much love to give her and she is lucky to have you. Kiss her on top of her head for me!

18. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2005

Wow, I cried when I read your post. It's so hard to lose an animal. I've spend my whole life loving and losing them, but they've given me so much joy- I would never trade it. My best bud (Sarge my orange tabby cat), had to be put down because of brain cancer. He was old, but he had been my buddy for 15 years. I remember holding him on the vet's table with my face buried in is soft fur until he stopped breathing. It was horrible. I can't wait to meet up with him again.

19. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 3, 2005

I'm sorry I made you cry. I was crying , too. I love my pets more than most people( I know that's probably not healthy), but it's true. I know what you mean about having to put a pet down...but it is the best for them in the long run. It would be cruel not to ... like with our dog. She got out of the back gate on night when the kids had friends over for a campfire and someone left the gate open. I had let her be out there with the kids. Well, we looked everywhere for 2 days and finally got a call that someone had found her and she had fallen in the creek and her legs were too weak to get back up the bank. Can you imagine how I cried? My husband carried her into the car and when she got home, I put the hair dryer on her and got her all warm and dry. I didn't know if she would make it. Later that night she wobbled into the kitchen for some food and water. I vowed that I would not make her go through anything like that again.
    Well, I hope I haven't upset you too much!!! It's just that it is so hard to love an animal for that long. Don't you wish that they would live just as long as we do? We know that when we get them, so I guess it's our own fault to go through all that misery!!! Oh well...at least we give them lots of love and a good home for their year on this earth. That should cheer ya up!

20. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2005

It does. Thank you. It is better to love and lost than to never have loved before. I think I may of changed it. Sorry.

21. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 3, 2005

Alright you two, now I'm crying! :( I'm right there with the both of you! My Sadie just turned nine on Saturday, I hate seeing her get older! I don't even want to think about it. ALl they do in their whole furry little lives is live to love you and only ask for a scratch behind the ear now and then, or maybe to sleep on your bed. Isn't it crazy how much love you can have for a furry little critter?

22. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 3, 2005

I took the day off today and it was so wonderful to see all 3 of my big fat cats laying all over the house and going in and out...they really make me happy.For the most part , they slept all day and that makes me laugh at how lazy they are!!!

23. 1st grade daisy

1st grade daisy Rookie

Oct 4, 2005

Today, Author and Illustrator David Small and Sarah Stewert (husband and wife) visited our school. We made our school resemble a garden from one of thier books...it was so cheery and beautiful. David Small and Sarah Stewart were so precious and inspirational....it was such a nice day! If you ever have the chance to invite them to your school, you should do it...they really are an amazing pair!

24. gigi

gigi Groupie

Oct 6, 2005

OK, I just read the posts on the pets, and I am crying! I agree with Grammy, I love my pets more than some people. They love us unconditionally. I watched my two cats chase each other up the "cat tree" today, and play with each other from the different levels.

25. N4Life

N4Life Guest

Oct 6, 2005

This is a really neat thread!

Today I saw my nine-year old daughter giving her baby sister (who's not 2 yet) a piggy-back ride. Upon baby's request to "mell flower", I saw to my wonder, big sister managing to get baby on a perfect level to smell the velvety, sweet petunias--my personal favorite. :love:
    Later, I admired the dandelion-like thistle flowers in the field as we walked, when baby pointed out a "buggy"--then she remembered a more specific word: "fly!" A little orange butterfly flittering by. ;)
    Upon returning home, I saw my ten-year old son making the house shine!!

26. sdhudgins

sdhudgins Comrade

Oct 6, 2005

I watched my flag line get it together for competition that's taking place Thursday.

i watched my majorettes dressed up as "Grandpas" attempting to twirl (and laughed so hard I had to banish them to the back of the band for the rehearsal)

I walked through the door to smiling faces and two cuties who yelled MAMMA and then watched them get all excited over dinner at McDonald's :D

I saw the unconditional love my son has for the world when he saw an older man and asked for a hug, and a young girl in glasses and he declared how beautiful she was.

I saw exactly how sweet my daughter can be when she cuddled up to me in the booth at McDonald's just cause "I need you" (that's what she said.. she's sooo sweet)

27. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 7, 2005

I saw one of my students from a troubled home give me a big hug when he left tonight with his mom. I had just given him a good talkin' to and I thought he might be mad at me, but I sure was wrong. It made me realize how much children need our direction.

28. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 7, 2005

I also saw my husband smiling and greeting me at the door when I got home from work tonight. He had made the "cutest" supper. He made a pretty plain pizza into a work of art...even fried bacon and put it on it...and fresh tomatoes and cheese, peppers and he said he worked hard on it because he wanted me to have something nice for supper tonight! Isn't that cute?!

29. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 7, 2005

Not today, but a few months ago. I saw a roadrunner chasing a cat. Then a older lady came out of her house swinging a broom at the cat. I've also seen a road runner attacking another bird. It was kinda sick. I was far enough away I didn't see anything really gross.

Daily, birds and stone pigeons tease my indoor cats at the back patio. Those birds will come right up to the window pigeons of the cats. So close they are against the window. It drives those cats crazy.

30. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Oct 7, 2005

On the hillside by our school, there were hundreds of butterflies gathered on the flowers. Perhaps it was their frantic race to experience and spread life in their numbered days. (Snow's coming...)

31. readakat

readakat Rookie

Oct 8, 2005

This morning I saw my kitchen sparkling clean when I trudged in there to get coffee. It did not look like this last night when I went to bed! I wonder who my kitchen elf could be!