First off, yes, my job offer still stands. I called HR today and a nice lady on the phone told me I'm in the final steps. My background check was started on Thursday of last week, but I still don't have a contract, only a verbal offer. Today my current P called me. She was very kind about it, but told me she needed and answer before 5:00 today. Apparently the super is needing to release my position immediately. I had hardly any time to think, but I decided to go in tomorrow morning and hand in my resignation before packing my classroom. Talk about a leap of faith! I don't know when my new contract will be ready, I'm hoping this week. Needless to say, I'm scared to death. But I feel in my heart I did the right thing. Another year at my school was going to "do me in," I'm in desperate need of change. Please no "what if's" right now - I'm well aware of the possible consequences Wish me luck tomorrow, I'll be feeling very low, I'm sure.