Things are looking up! 2 interviews next week!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by anewstart101, May 24, 2012.

1. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

May 24, 2012

I applied for a transfer to a new position at my school. I got it! All the stress related to my current job is gone!!

I still would love a shorter commute and if I can't find a job closer to home --- I have a position I can live with now!

I am looking for a job closer to home with gas at $4.20 plus cents a gallon commuting a 150 miles a day is just not working!

Next Wednesday I am going to be busy!

In the morning I am sitting in on an interview panel to hire a full time aide at my school.

In the afternoon I have two job interviews late in the day! They are 90 miles a part. One is 50 miles south of me and the other is 45 miles north of me.

After driving 75 miles one way to work -- I have set a 50 miles radius one way to work. I need to open up the possibilities of jobs in this market!

I can live with a commute of about 1 hour each way. Each are just under an hour each way.

It is going to be a long day any ideas on staying fresh during a 12 hours day would be appreciated!!

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

3. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

May 24, 2012

I haven't received my contract yet and I have till the end of next month to sign it!

After two years of putting 60,000 miles on a car --- everyone is quite understanding why I am looking and supportive!

I am planning as though I am returning because I probably will--

4. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

May 25, 2012

I am nervous about this situation in the future. I realize it's not that bad, but my 40-45 min commute each way drove me nuts this year during my LTS. I could not stay late because if I did I would be stuck in major traffic and then I would bring work home with me that would stretch to take hours to complete. I was hired full time for next year and I'm hoping I survive the commute, (at least physically, but preferably mentally as well). It usually took less than 10 min to commute to the district I subbed and did my student teaching in so this was a big transition for me. Plus I just started driving two years ago and still don't travel very far.

5. anewstart101

anewstart101 Cohort

May 25, 2012

It is all about perspective! After driving 150 miles a day --- 100 miles a day does not seem that far! I would love a shorter commute but I can live with a 55 minute commute easily!

That would be a 1000 miles less a month and 8 more hours I can spend with my son.

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 25, 2012

Congrats! And Good luck next week!