They got me!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by janney, Sep 8, 2009.

1. janney

janney Cohort

Sep 8, 2009

No amount of hand washing, hand sanitizer, lysol, or sleep could save me. The little buggers have made me sick. I hate being sick.:|

Last year it only took a week, this year I made it a whole 2 weeks.

Anyone else always get sick at the start of school?

3. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Sep 8, 2009

I always come down with allergy/sinus problems this time of year.
    So far it hasn't kept me home but tomorrow I am taking off to take DS to the Dr for the same issues.

4. Securis

Securis Cohort

Sep 8, 2009

I got it, whatever "it" is, the second week in July and I'm still hanging on to it. I know my students didn't give it to me but it might have been a child in any case. Going on two months and I still can't shake this cough.

I hope you get well faster that I have.

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2009

Yup, I always call it my "back-to-school-night cold," because for 6 of the past 7 years, I've had to run to the dr. for antibiotics between the time kids leave for the day and the time that I have to be back at school for BTS night. Let's hope that trend breaks this year.
    Kim

6. Ron6103

Ron6103 Habitué

Sep 8, 2009

I got hit with a cold this past weekend... so almost 3 weeks for me, but not quite. Bleh.

7. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Sep 8, 2009

I think 6 years of teaching preschool have left me immune to picking up bugs in the classroom. I rarely get sick anymore. Knock on wood!!

Although, there was the year a student gave me a lovely patch of ringworm...eeeeewwww!!!!

Hope you feel better soon!

8. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Sep 9, 2009

I rarely get sick from the kids but my assistant manages to catch things every year (we are in our 3rd week and she is down with the swine flu, as are 5 of my 18 children)

9. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Sep 9, 2009

I don't usually get sick at the start of school. But I feel like I am fighting something off this year. Of course it's not from the kids since we just started yesterday. I think it's from being out this past weekend.

10. sunnydaze

sunnydaze Rookie

Sep 9, 2009

I made it a whopping 8 days before getting sick. I went to the Dr. yesterday and have an ear infection, bronchitis and general yuck. My cough is horrible..wheezy and rattling! I have missed Friday, Tuesday and Today. I hope this is the only time I will get sick this year. Last year it was once but at Christmas so not time needed off from work.

11. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Sep 9, 2009

I get sick at the same time every year, which is now. I have it timed down to the day I guess. And yet, every year I hope I iwll beat it. So far, have taken off a day and a half

12. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Sep 9, 2009

I got it the second week of school--a lovely cold on top of my allergy/sinus issues!

13. Mrs. Toby

Mrs. Toby Rookie

Sep 9, 2009

I got sick the very first day of school, August 17! I had to take a sick day that first week and I'm sick again! Thankfully I haven't caught the flu, which is what most of my students have.

14. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Sep 9, 2009

I don't get sick often- like a previous poster said, a few years in preschool will tend to build up your immunity!! But I ALWAYS am sick for parent teacher conferences. It's horrible!! My first year I had a wicked sore throat the first day, and completely lost my voice the second day- my assistant had to do all the talking while I croaked and pointed and wrote things. The next year I started coming down with the flu the first day..I hoped I could hold it off just ooone mooore day to get to the weekend, but no. Woke up for the second day with a full on flu. Last year it was a stomach virus. This year, it will probably be swine. LoL let's hope not.

Feel better to all those of you who are down and out!!

15. TeachinHicks

TeachinHicks Comrade

Sep 9, 2009

I got sick over the weekend...and I missed yesterday :( but I managed to pull myself through the day today and am feeling slightly better. I am hoping though that our cleaning crew is doing a good job of disinfecting at our school. Our kids are dropping like flies with sickness!

16. janney

janney Cohort

Sep 9, 2009

It sounds like a lot of us get sick the first few weeks of school. Not fun! Today I lost my voice completely by the end of the day. I resting it up and hoping it will get me through till tomorrow. Too bad they are too young to be able to read anything I would write. I'll be doing lots of computer activities and songs on tape tomorrow. :)

17. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Sep 9, 2009

My legs hurt ached so bad by the end of the day for the first 2 weeks of school. Just not used to being up and about for hours at a time!