There is still hope!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by msmac21, Aug 8, 2015.

1. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Aug 8, 2015

Just wanted to put some encouragement out there for all the people like me that feel like they're never going to find a teaching job.

I've been looking for over three years and this summer was the worst by far. I was the second choice at two different schools, and made it to the final round in a very difficult district to get into where I was an LTS and didn't get a position.

I had been offered a position at a charter school and thought that was all I was going to get. Totally discouraged and ready to give up on education.

Until.... I GOT A JOB! In a real district, not just a charter where I have to worry about if it's a good school or not. I was hired yesterday at an urban district as an autistic support teacher for 3rd-5th.

So it can happen. I didn't think I was going to get anything else this summer and I got a call for an interview yesterday, and was hired on the spot. It is possible. I know how frustrating it can be and I wanna lay it out there for everyone that's still searching- it's not too late in the school year! The teacher I am replacing waited til the last minute to submit her retirement!

Good luck to everyone still looking and don't give up! :):):hugs:

3. Bunnie

Bunnie Devotee

Aug 8, 2015

Congrats!!!!!!

4. DressageLady

DressageLady Comrade

Aug 9, 2015

Congratulations!
    Sheilah

5. luv2teach444

luv2teach444 Companion

Aug 11, 2015

congrats! and thanks for the encouragement - I plan to walk away from teaching totally in about 3 weeks. (once the numbers have settled & if I don't get a job). I'm on my 3rd year looking

6. msmac21

msmac21 Companion

Aug 11, 2015

I'm sorry to hear that luv2teach444. That was my exact plan for this year too if I didn't find something. My only advice is to be annoying about applications. I had come up as the second choice for two other positions in my district, and I reached out to HR and asked principals to do the same so that they would remember me if something else came up. And it did! I felt desperate at the time, but it worked.

I so hope something comes up for you! It isn't fair that we lose excellent teachers because the market is so bad. Good luck!!!!

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 11, 2015

Congrats!

8. SCTeacher23

SCTeacher23 Comrade

Aug 11, 2015

Congrats!!