Theme Storage

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by gpsysngbrd, Nov 29, 2013.

1. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Nov 29, 2013

In the past I've kept most of my units in binders except for the few that have "big stuff" and they have their own tubs. This year I've gotten more into making games and activities that have pieces. When its time to put them away they go in a ziploc and when I try to put them in a page protector in my binder they make it too hard to close the binder. I thought about making a box for my games but I prefer to keep my units together as much as possible.

How does everyone else store their units?

3. KimberlyBest

KimberlyBest Comrade

Nov 30, 2013

I have plastic tubs with lids for each unit so that when I finish a unit I can return everything to it. The ones I use are called under the bed storage size I think. They are easy to stack and I put the unit name on the side. I keep all books, posters, etc. together.

4. msaly

msaly Comrade

Nov 30, 2013

One year after Christmas lowes had plastic storage containers on wheels on sale for very cheap. I believe they are Rubbermaid. I keep all games, "big items", books , decorations etc in those and then I keep all papers and lesson plans in a accordion binder labeled by theme. I have the storage containers labeled by month because I do the same themes during the same months each year. I have august to November, then December and January in another, and then February to May in another. I am starting to overflow the containers though so I am going to have to get bigger ones or more of the same size and separate! It works well for me to have the papers separate from the big stuff.

5. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Dec 8, 2013

I use computer paper boxes for my big props and games. It helps that my dad was a computer teacher and saved lots of boxes for me, but I bet Staples or somewhere like that would give you some for free. I have about one box per month, because a unit wouldn't fill a box by itself. I tend to do the same units during a particular month. As far as the Ziploc baggies go, have you tried punching like two holes and threading it in the binder that way? Or I've also used the pencil pouches that are made to go in binders.