Theme Basket

Discussion in 'General Education' started by amakaye, Dec 1, 2008.

1. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 1, 2008

I need some help...each classroom in our school needs to make a theme basket that we sell at our auction fundraiser. I've never done this before, so I'm looking for some creative ideas for a theme and what I can put in the basket. Thanks in advance!

3. firstgradeteach

firstgradeteach Comrade

Dec 1, 2008

Some of the themes we have used include; High School Musical, Hannah Montana, gardening, BBQ, summer fun, candy, movie theme, sports, and smoothie.

A cute and really cheap basket to make is the summer fun basket. Go to the dollar store and buy inflatables and a few other toys. Blow up one of the inflatables so it makes the basket look really large and colorful.

Another cheap basket is a movie theme basket. Buy a movie from Walmart (some good choices are just 5 bucks.) Fill the remainder of the basket with a box of popcorn and a few big boxes of candy. I have made these for my parents and enlaws before. I just put in a cheap 2 month subscription to Netflix instead of the movie.

My favorite basket I made was the BBQ. It was the most expensive to make though. A gift card to buy meat at Kroger, pot holders, different BBQ sauces, apron, and grilling tools.

I made a trip to the dollar store and Walmart for my gardening basket. I bought cheap tools, knee cushion and a decorative rock at the dollar store. I bought a bag of potting soil, flowers, vegetable seeds and a watering can at Walmart. (We do ours in Spring)

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 1, 2008

5. SuzieQ

SuzieQ Companion

Dec 1, 2008

I made the family fun night basket. Have parents donate movie gift card, movies etc.. along with board games like taboo,monopoly,jinga etc..Theme park ,bowling gift cards,
    My coworker did a real cute one with the fancy nancy theme,like the book and doll. Superhero gift basket are also cool.

6. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Dec 1, 2008

We did a Movie Basket, a Sports Basket, and a candy basket. Fun and easy :)

7. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Dec 2, 2008

Our elementary school does Spirit Baskets as a PTO fundraiser. Each grade picks a theme, makes a basket, and they are auctioned at Family Fun Night.

Past baskets: Chocolate Lovers - was in a giant mixing bowl. Had mixes, candies, chocolate soap, etc.

Summer Fun: in a cooler with outside games and toys, blanket, sunglasses.

Scrapbooking: stickers, papers, etc.

Wrap It Up: wrapping paper, bows, labels, etc.

Keep in Touch: stationary, writing utensils, cards, postcards, stamps.

Family Movie Night: DVDs (family friendly), popcorn, soda, candy, blanket for cuddling.

Mizzou: anything University of Missouri related - sweatshirts, purses, flags, etc.

Baby Time: wipes, diapers, bottles, toys, onesies, lotions, etc.

These are some of the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

8. Lives4Math

Lives4Math Comrade

Dec 2, 2008

Things that I have seen or done:

Any animal lovers filled with things for/of that animal (dogs, cats, horses...)

Hunting: anything school appropriate for hunting including snacks of jerkey!

Candy lovers: all kinds of candy

Willy Wonka: Movie, book, and willy wonka candy

It's a girl/boy!: filled with baby stuff for the appropriate sex

Family night: disposible camera, DVD, popcorn, free putt-putt passes, tokens for Chuck E Cheeze, cupons for dinner out

Sponge Bob: EVERYTHING spongebob under the sun!

Birthday Party: anything you need for a birthday party from decorations to goody bag treats

9. tgi1515

tgi1515 Comrade

Dec 2, 2008

We did an "art basket". We put in a bunch of art supplies, papers, scissors, glue and some ideas on what to do with it.

Some of the other ideas already mentioned were done too!