The weird things kids do...lol

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Samothrace, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 7, 2009

So I had a 6th grader today who had been carrying around a zip lock baggie full of kool-aid power in his pocket! When asked...all he could say was I forgot it was there, I forgot it was there. He just felt like eating the powder all day.

It's not even like bringing candy...it's finding other ways...kool aid of all things! in the end it really is just like a pixie stick. :dizzy:

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009

Ugh!!!!!!!!

4. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 7, 2009

Too funny, oh the things they do!

5. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 7, 2009

I recently discovered that one of my students was discreetly collecting seed pods from the trees. The ones that look like spiky balls about an inch in diameter. I found 23 of them in his desk.

[​IMG]

6. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Apr 7, 2009

One of my kindergartners had gum in her mouth. I told her to go throw it away. She said, "But it's not mine!"

:lol:

7. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 7, 2009

:eek: That is funny!

8. adventuresofJ

adventuresofJ Comrade

Apr 7, 2009

at least he wasn't throwing them at other kids hehe

9. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 7, 2009

Well...he was. But I caught him doing that! I didn't catch him hoarding them in his pockets and putting them in his desk until I tried to help him find a book. Oh my. And he sits right in front of me. I do regular desk checks now.

10. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

Apr 7, 2009

:lol::lol::lol: At least he/she didn't swallow it.

11. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009

My son's been keeping my appraised about the developments at his school during recess. I am surprised by how convoluted it gets.

1) One girl decided to give a bunch of the kids, "jobs". My son's job is to be on the lookout for rocks and to collect them.

2) The collected rocks get brought back to the "store", one somewhat enclosed area of the playground.

3) There, they get imprinted with the special 3rd grade mark -- a dot made with a sharpie. A separate job, I presume.

3) There is then a $1.51 charge to buy rocks. He didn't know if anyone's actually bought any.

4) Why the 3rd-grade mark? Because there are the "enemy" 4th-graders, who "steal" the rocks during the 4th-grade recess period and bring them to the 4th grade hideout (an athletic cage up on the bleachers), marking them with the 4th grade mark. Or, on occasion, smash the rocks on the sidewalk.

Kids get a week's vacation time from jobs if they like.

The manager of the "store" regularly fires and re-hires people from their jobs, once deciding to fire and rehire all the boys in a single recess period.

No one gets paid, except for one person who gets paid in rocks.

12. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 7, 2009

I love this. :lol:

13. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 7, 2009

This almost made me cry, really! Oh, to be so young again. I miss my playground days...

14. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Apr 7, 2009

Those are from sycamore trees and the insides of the seeds are full of stuff that makes the best itching powder -- in other words, watch out for that kid!

15. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 7, 2009

Great playground story!

One of my kids decided to lick his hand and wipe it on a girl's face. EWWWWWW

And why do some kids lick their desks? Are mine the only ones who do this?

16. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Apr 7, 2009

This thread is hilarious.

17. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 7, 2009

I've not not iced any of mine licking their desks.

But they love to steal blue tac from the walls and use it as gum.

And speaking of gum..haha my secretary told me about this girl who was in Kindergarten....it was an ongoing problem with her putting things in her mouth...starting with a used condom she found on the playground! :eek: the following week..she found some gum on the playground and where else better to put it...oh yes, in her mouth and chewing away! gross!

I also had a 5th grader walk by me today..a girl...who just felt like telling me she had the farts.

18. Muttling

Muttling Devotee

Apr 7, 2009

And I thought my high schoolers writing notes on their boobs then flashing the notes at boys was strange.

On a side note....One of boys threatened to write a note on one of his body parts and flash the note, but the girls said it would have to be an abbreviation.

Gotta love high school. Write em up for one infraction and then send them to the office for another without a write up (it's hard to write a note when you're struggling not to laugh.)

19. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 8, 2009

Muttling--:spitwater:

20. forkids

forkids Cohort

Apr 8, 2009

I have a boy this year who looks for gum under the cafeteria table and chews it. Gross ! ! !

21. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 8, 2009

I would definitely have to leave the room if I saw those kids chewing those things!!! :eek: (Do we have a barf smilie?)

And, Muttling, that is a first for me - writing on breasts..... Good quip to the boy!

22. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Apr 8, 2009

I had a little girl who was licking her water bottle today.

23. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 8, 2009

The other day a bunch of my students were giving themselves "hickeys" on their arms. Not because they knew what they were, but because they thought the red mark was cool. After I told them that they were breaking their own blood vessels they stopped!

And then we had a jump rope event on a warm day. The kids got sweaty, and they kept on licking their own arms because they tasted salty!

24. TeacherShelly

TeacherShelly Aficionado

Apr 8, 2009

I had a kindergartner warn me not to drink from my water bottle because another kid in class was licking it. Ugh, thanks!

25. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Apr 8, 2009

:eek::lol: At least they warned you!

26. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Apr 8, 2009

How sweet of the child to warn you! :eek:hmy:

27. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Apr 9, 2009

Yesterday the middle school had their oratorical contest. They had already competed at the class level, and so there were seven contestants to speak in front of the whole middle school (and grade five, which isn't technically middle school, but is in the same wing in this particular school).

Because the K-2 students get out an hour ahead of the 3-8 students, the K-2 teachers were the judges. The grade one teacher has a daughter in grade five, and noticed that she was writing notes throughout the speeches. She was unable to get her attention, but after school her mom asked her what she was doing writing notes during the speeches. Her daughter told her they were notes on how to do a speech, as she would be competing next year. Mom didn't believe her and asked to see her notes.

She was telling the truth! She had notes like "be courageous," and "smile throughout". It was hysterical.

28. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Apr 9, 2009

Okay, now they are smelling things on the BB because they used Smelly Markers to draw them. Arggghhhhh!

29. dolphinswim

dolphinswim Companion

Apr 9, 2009

I had a little boy empty about 5 lbs of rocks out of his pockets and I said "How in the world are your pants staying up with all those rocks?" He picked up his shirt and pointed to his belt with the biggest smile on his face! Got me there!

30. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Apr 9, 2009

I had one little one wipe her nose on the table at lunch the other day.

31. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Apr 9, 2009

I had a 7th grader in class the other day doing the Macarena by himself. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was trying to remember the moves. This was at the end of an advisory period and I ended up having 4 kids at the front of the class showing everyone how. At the end of the second advisory period, the whole class did it to the song. It was funny and we needed a tension breaker.

32. nattles19

nattles19 Comrade

Apr 9, 2009

One year with a particularly rough group of kids, I had a student who walked in and said, "Ms. L! Someone wrote 'Ms. L. sucks' outside on the barracks! But don't worry, I licked it off." :eek:

My favorite kid moment, though, has to be when I was teaching preschool and a 4-year old had an accident during naptime. He was quite upset. He told me, "Teacher, I spilled Gatorade on my lap and it smells like pee."

33. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

Apr 9, 2009

Inner city 6th grade boy (grossed out face): Mr. C! Somebody FARted!!
    My husband (Mr. C): Well, you know how to get rid of the smell don't you?
    Boy: No, how?
    Husband: You gotta sniff really hard and it'll suck all of the smell out of the air and you won't smell it anymore.
    Boy sniffs air really hard... looked as though he'd throw up.
    Husband: har har har