The Waiting Place...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by CatieCat, Aug 10, 2010.

1. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

For everyone waiting to hear back from an interview...

....for people waiting.
    Waiting for a train to go
    or a bus to come, or a plane to go
    or the mail to come, or the rain to go
    or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
    or waiting around for a Yes or No
    or waiting for their hair to grow.
    Everyone is waiting.

-Dr. Seuss

I went on two interviews yesterday. Both Principals told me I would hear from them this week. So now I wait. What do you all do when you are trying to pass the time?

3. Elocin

Elocin Comrade

Aug 10, 2010

My sister called last night and asked if I could pitch in doing some contract work for them....so now I am typing property reports for homes going into foreclosure. Not fun but defintely keeps you busy!

Good luck!

4. geogirl0626

geogirl0626 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

I've got other stuff to do since I do have a part-time job, but mostly I just sit around waiting for the phone to ring LOL. Today I found out that a decision has not yet been made, so back to waiting some more.

I try to keep myself busy with my work and my kids. I have been taking them out all over the place lately to keep me occupied. We are enjoying our summer :).

Good luck to you!!

5. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 10, 2010

Take a bike ride. Go to the gym. Read a good book. Go for a run. Visit a hiking trail. Go to the mall to people watch. Go to a water park. Go swimming at the closest watering hole. Dream about getting the job...

6. geogirl0626

geogirl0626 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

Great advice SCTeach. I do almost all of these things regularly but it's still been the longest 2 weeks of my life! LOL

7. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

Well...I didn't have to wait long! I got the job! I will be teaching first grade next year! :) SO HAPPY AND RELIEVED!

8. whyowhy116

whyowhy116 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

Awsome!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!

I'm in the waiting place, hopefully only until tomorrow. I have 2 districts I interviewed with on Monday that are making decisons prior to Wed night board meetings. I'm holding my breath, as one district has been my 1st choice all along.....

I've been swimming, cleaning, planning vacation, just trying to remain cool and calm until tomorrow. Tonight, I've got a bottle of wine with my name on it and a good book.

Tomorrow I'll be a nutcase.... LOL

9. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

Good luck WhyoWhy! I interviewed for two schools yesterday as well. The one I got was a public school. The other one was a private school and wouldn't pay as much. I will be thinking of you and I will say a prayer for you!

10. idahomom

idahomom Companion

Aug 10, 2010

Congratulations!! :D

11. whyowhy116

whyowhy116 Rookie

Aug 10, 2010

Both of mine were for public, but one pays 10K more than the other, so I hear ya on the pay front!! Money isn't everything, and I'd be happy to get a job - I don't want to be sentenced to another year of subbing! LOL Prayers needed....and welcomed! :)

12. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Aug 10, 2010

Congratulations!

13. nattyj21

nattyj21 Companion

Aug 10, 2010

That is very exciting. Congrats!

14. geogirl0626

geogirl0626 Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

Congrats Catie!!! That's so wonderful!!!

I'm still waiting. :)

15. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 11, 2010

Congrats!!! What part of IL are you teaching in? :)

16. MsManda3

MsManda3 Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

So glad someone made this post...I had an interview Friday for a first grade position and I feel like I'm going crazy! I accidentally called the P's cell Monday (I freaked and apologized twice) but she said she would call me Tuesday. I still haven't heard back! I'm freaking out because I thought the interview went great and I'm in love with the school. I'll try going to the mall today.

17. CatieCat

CatieCat Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

MsManda...I know it's hard but try to remain CALM. That is good that you feel that it went well. That is too funny that you accidentally called the Principal!!!

Bre-I am teaching in Chicago...CPS North side

18. nursingnellie

nursingnellie Rookie

Aug 11, 2010

I feel just like MsManda (minus the accidental phone call :spitwater:) and am so grateful this thread is here! I interviewed yesterday for a job I REALLY want, since it's in my own town, and I feel like it went really well. They said they would e finished interviewing at 2:30 today, and were going to work quickly, so I hope to hear something by tomorrow as to whether I go to the next round of meeting with the superintendent...but in the meantime I am super nervous and am so glad to have others to play the waiting game with! [insert Simpsons quote here: "The waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!] :lol:

19. brejohnson88

brejohnson88 Comrade

Aug 12, 2010

Thats wonderful! Im from the north side as a child and loved it there! I guess CPS really does have some hope :) Im waiting to hear when my classroom is going to be ready. They said this week but I havnt had any phone calls. School stuff starts a week from today and I am getting anxious. I think im finally gunna call today and see if its ready. Im DONE playing the waiting game. :) lol