The wait...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Tutor, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Tutor

Tutor Comrade

Aug 4, 2016

I applied for the dream job today....and I wait. I really dislike applitrack. The districts around here all use it and they flat out state on their websites, don't call us, don't email us....we'll call you. School starts in two weeks so I'm guessing they'll be moving quick.
    I know you'd all understand....

3. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Aug 4, 2016

I like it to apply to multiple districts and openings. Just import the info, clickity clack, and you're good to go. SO MANY schools use it that you can just transfer over info from school to school and apply to multiple job postings at one time. It saves time vs. hand -completing an application and sending it off to each individual district. Since I've moved back to NY, NO SCHOOLS in my area do it. You have to print off the PDF and do it old school. WTF?
    :mad:

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2016

I, too, have come to appreciate Applitrack, for a number of reasons, and importing from another application is just part of it. The applications that must be filled out by hand are a pain, and when I run into one of those, as I look for my son's potential job, I pass it by and tell him that it is there if he wants to tackle it, but I just move on. I always look to see if there is a closing date, or whether it says "until filled." The ones with closing dates never contact until after they have passed that date. Until filled may mean they already have an applicant in mind, so I am not as certain that everyone is getting a fair shake, even if I understand that they want positions filled sooner rather than later.

5. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Aug 5, 2016

I personally like hand applications since I can hand-deliver them. I have busted out on both methods, but it seems like pen and paper can be a bit more personal. Yesterday, I went to STL with a stack of resumes...so I hope I hear back from some of them.

6. Milsey

Milsey Habitué

Aug 6, 2016

I don't like the paper ones. I always run out of space, and nowhere to put your reference letters

newteacher99 likes this.
  7. Tutor

Tutor Comrade

Aug 7, 2016

OP here, I like applitrack for it's ease of importing and all that. What I dislike is that districts don't want you to call or stop in. I know that the personal touch gets a lot of jobs and it is much harder to convey that when all you can do is fill out applitrack and wait.

8. Leaborb192

Leaborb192 Enthusiast

Aug 7, 2016

That could be part of my problem. When I complete and submit a lot of these apps, I usually either mail or email them in and don't stop by and visit the hiring staff. This is why I like job fairs. You're there. The interviewer is there. And it's happening live. I think the reason I got a lot of the job offers I have in the last few years was out of pure desperation. The school year was starting and they still had A LOT of openings and needed people. I'm OK with that.
    :)

9. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Aug 7, 2016

We don't ask how, we ask how many. :)

10. Sashawatch27

Sashawatch27 Rookie

Aug 15, 2016

I like applitrack for the fact that you can upload items easier, and import from one district to another. However, I don't like the fact that it doesn't import your essay answers with the other materials, although I understand why it doesn't do that. I follow the rule, that for every interview I get, I put in 5 more applications. It helps because I can get other interviews if one doesn't work out, and keeps my options open.

11. newteacher99

newteacher99 Rookie

Aug 16, 2016

I save my essay answers in word documents. HTH