The Voice. Ugh.

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ZoomZoomZOOM, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 15, 2011

I really wanted to like this show but something about it just drives me nuts. I don't know if it's the GINORMOUS HAND STATUES, or Christina wearing way too much makeup, or the goofy rules "8 people, no - FOUR, NO WAIT - TWO!!"

But maybe I'm just mad because Blake Shelton picked a girl who makes me uncomfortable to WATCH - to go with the OTHER girl on his team who is ALSO uncomfortable to watch.

Blake's Team: :eek: :eek:

Christina's Team: :woot: :woot:

Anybody else watching this show? It's like a train wreck. I have to watch and cringe and complain. (Fire throwing dancers?? REALLY???)

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 15, 2011

I've been watching all along. The show's apparently been OK enough to keep me interested. I'm not fans of any of the judges & didn't know who they were before this show started, except for Christina.

Regarding the 2 shy gals on Blake's team, yes, they are awkward & shy, but I commend him for giving them a chance. But I didn't think he'd pick the other girl after people voted for the other shy girl. One thing's for sure, their lives are forever changed.

I think Javier will win the whole thing. His voice is unforgetable, not to mention amazing. Otherwise maybe Frenchie or Beverly.

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 15, 2011

Agree agree agree! I set my DVR for this show, thinking it would be a good hangover from AI. It's just weird. I don't think the singers are that great-out of tune much? It makes me cringe! Bad karaoke!

And it just weirds me out to see these awesome stars drooling over these people that can't sing! There are too many rules, too many different rounds, too much.

And the hand statues! Yikes!

5. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Jun 16, 2011

I like the "awkward" girl, Dia Frampton. In fact she's my favorite on the show. I think she's refreshingly different and has true artistic talent. Her rendition of Heartless was wonderful.

6. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 16, 2011

I really like her too.

7. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 16, 2011

I started off watching it but I quit. The singers aren't that great.

8. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 16, 2011

Well it is called "The Voice" and not "The Whole Package" 'cause you're right - she can sing, and play piano, and she's as cute as a button. But she can't look up into the camera. Not just when she's singing, but when they're TALKING to her too? I have stage fright too but COME ON. :rolleyes: And her buddy - the other little girl on her team - was so wooden when she was pointing to the right and to the left, ugh, that was soooo bad. Now, does she have a great voice? Yes. In fact I like her better than the other girl, voice-wise. What's her name, Xena? Sena? :dunno:

I gotta say, I'm voting for Frenchie. She's got the whole package. She can sing the roof off, she's got personality, and she's bald. YOU GO, GIRL.

9. bros

bros Phenom

Jun 16, 2011

I don't watch the show, but I heard that Dia was on it. She is a pretty good singer.

Her and her identical twin sister have been part of a group for a few years now, mostly releasing records independently (except for one)

The group is Meg & Dia.

10. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Jun 16, 2011

It's interesting that's for sure. Most of the singers are fairly good but like someone else mentioned, most are just mediocre and would NOT make it on American Idol, that's for sure!

I don't like ANY of the girls on Blake's team. One of them has such a strange tone to her voice that it makes me crings.

However, Adam Levine is HOT HOT HOT and I love Celo. I like Christina and think Blake Shelton is hot too = )

LOVED Christina's team doing Lady Marmelade though!!

11. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 16, 2011

When they do their next "team song," Christina should come out wearing a bald cap. LOL Now THAT would be hilarious.

12. LUCHopefulTeach

LUCHopefulTeach Habitué

Jun 16, 2011

I really really really dislike both girls left on Christina's team. Beverly's voice is really rough and sometimes painful to hear. I personally think the guy who sang against her with the Who song should have won.

13. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Jun 16, 2011

Yeah I've come across their youtube videos in the past as well as Dia's covers.

I think my strong like for Dia comes in that I'm just as awkward. I was a theater major before going into education and I was the exact way. Put me in character I'm fine, no fear, take me out of character Awkward Town USA!

14. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Jun 16, 2011

I agree with you about Beverly. Wasn't Frenchie on American Idol years ago and was kicked off due to some racy pictures? I believe she's already been on Broadway too.

15. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 16, 2011

Like the show...like that they couldn't see them when they were listening!!!

Frenchy was on AI & Broadway. Not a big fan of Bev because she feels like she over sings sometimes.

Javier has a really nice voice. I think some that were let go... that "rocker" guy on Blake's team. I really think Blake is trying to pick people he can help...not those that already have such an ego.

One of the girls on Blake's team (during battles) is a song writer & wrote Reba's turn on the radio song!!!

I just feel like if Xtina makes a wrong move their may be a wardrobe malfunction of som sort!!! LOL!!!

16. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 16, 2011

I love the show!! I really am a huge fan of Adam's and am fast becoming a Blake Shelton fan; however, I completely DISAGREE with his decision. I think he should have picked Patrick. I like Dia and agree with her, but the other girl he chose makes me cringe.

LOVE Javiar and his voice! I think he'll win it all.

17. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 16, 2011

I kind of agree with you guys about Beverly. She'd be cool to sit down and have a beer with, but I don't particularly like watching her perform. I know alot of you guys dig Javier, and I think he's got a really sweet voice. But it kind of bummed me out when he performed wearing the clothes that he walked in with. Dude, lose the baseball cap already.

18. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Jun 17, 2011

I agree with EVERYTHING you just said. Adam is my favorite of the coaches, with Blake coming a close second. Dia is fantastic, but I honestly thought he'd choose Patrick for his team. That Sena(?) girl is just strange. Why he let Patrick go is beyond me...

So far, I think everyone can sing pretty good EXCEPT that sixteen-year-old who was on Christina's team. I don't remember her name, she had dark hair. I was really shocked she made it into Christina's four. Glad she's gone now.

19. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2011

I like Blake the best out of the coaches. I think he is trying the hardest to help his team members become successful. I feel like some of the other coaches are just using this as an opportunity to get themselves seen more. Every time Blake has had a performance, he has incorporated his team and many times let them have more of the spotlight. I'm really impressed by him-I think he really honestly cares about his team.

20. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 22, 2011

He just seems like that kinda guy though!!! I love his song Honeybee(not so much with the girls in it though)!!!

21. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jun 22, 2011

Yeah, I don't know that it sounded all that great with them, but I thought it was really sweet that he had them involved in his performance.

22. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 22, 2011

I think it is too. I think my fav is when he sang a Maroon 5 song... LOL!!!

23. smalltowngal

Jun 23, 2011

Diz~I loved when his team performed that song!

And the final 4 is exactly who I thought it would be, though it was tough between Frenchie and Beverly.

I didn't realize that Blake was that funny!! Man, he's hilarious!

24. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 23, 2011

STG... have you ever seen some of his tweets... OMGosh... you would probably blush on a few of them!!!

25. smalltowngal

Jun 23, 2011

Oh, I follow him!! He's so funny!

26. ZoomZoomZOOM

ZoomZoomZOOM Devotee

Jun 23, 2011

Regarding Blake bringing the girls out with him: I kind of wondered if he did that because Terrified Girl was up next and he wanted to get her used to the stage. And then notice when she did come on, she had two dudes sitting on the stage IN FRONT of her - just so she wouldn't be on stage alone. And you know that's what they were there for - one guy was just tapping the box he was sitting on! l a m e

27. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Jun 23, 2011

My favorite is Vicci. Her voice is amazing to me. In fact it gives me chills when I hear it. I dont watch AI at all. I too thought the girls with Blake looked like they were scared too death. Blake is funny as all get out. Him and his wife got married close to my hometown. Too bad I wasnt there I would have stalked them all.

28. smalltowngal

Jun 23, 2011

I like Vicci too. In fact, I'm listening to her rendition of "Jolene". Love her!! And Dia has come a long way! But Xensia hasn't grown very much.. I just think she's too shy to be in the business.