The Trio

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by FT2012, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FT2012

FT2012 Rookie

Sep 23, 2013

I have a trio of three boys that are causing big disruptions in my classroom. One student has few different emotional and social issues (one being bi-polar). The second student is possible ADHD, but mom still needs to take him to the doctor. His behavior concerns me more than my bi-polar student because I can't get him to focus long enough to try a modified behavior plan. The third is a follower. He has the potential to be a great kid, but just gets involved with the others.

The rest of my class is awesome! We have hardly any behavior problems as a whole and I have a reward system in my class. I rewarded the rest of my class generously for doing the right thing today.

Today, my bi-polar student came to school without his meds ( didn't know this until after school when I called home to tell mom) He was off the wall. He got my ADHD kid going and the two of them were just crazy. My follower soon started to tag along and I was pushed to my limit. I really thought I was going to just start screaming (I kept my cool which I'm proud of). But, my instruction suffered greatly in the afternoon and the rest of my class really lost out. I did call to have one of the children removed (bi-polar, but I was told just to call the parent) I called the followers parent's twice (once in the morning, once in the afternoon), because I know he is capable of controlling his actions. He was giving mom an attitude on the phone. I ended up writing him up, because I wanted him to understand the seriousness of his actions. Plus, the fact that he was given mom attitude made me realize this is all a big joke to him.

I cannot have this happen tomorrow. I am brand-new to this school, but have been told I am well liked by administration. I want to keep it that way.

Any suggestions at all for helping me keep these three in check?

3. Mme West

Mme West New Member

Apr 17, 2019

Having same problem, what did you end up doing?

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Apr 18, 2019

First of all, to Mme West,

This post is several years old and the person who originally wrote it has not been here in almost two years. I'm going to lock this thread but encourage you to search for the latest posts by clicking in the upper right hand corner of the page (I've copied the image from my own screen). Also, of course, please feel free to post your own situation and we can see what we can do for you.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.