The silence

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jax123, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Jax123

Jax123 Rookie

Jul 29, 2016

I did post on Monday that I had a final 3rd round interview for a dream teaching job. I had SO much hope!
    They said I should know by Wednesday if I got the job or not.
    I have heard nothing.....I even called/email them and no response.
    Not even a simply no.
    I even tried to look up the school board minutes but nothing is posted.
    I know there were two other girls who have just graduated and have been subs at the school this past year at the interview (one even walked in with the interview panel on Monday) so I had a gut feeling when I saw that that the job would go to one of them even though I have 3 years of full-time experience and a graduate degree. Nothing against them but it just sucks for me.
    I think this is the worst, next to not getting the job, is hearing nothing from the district. I had contact from them for the 3 rounds of interviews and I can't even get a response of the end result even if it's not in my favor. When you don't hear from them, you always have that 5% hope of "maybe" but I just want to know. I have a vacation planned next week and I know I will continue to feel bummed. I know I will have a few tears roll down my face when I'm just laying in the sun thinking about life. I hate this feeling.
    I hope some of you have better outcomes for this upcoming school year.
    Good luck to you!
    Sorry I had to vent....=(

3. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 29, 2016

I know the feeling. Good luck!

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 29, 2016

jax123 - I have watched my son go through the silence, and "the silence" can be deafening when you really thought you had a shot, or it was the job you really wanted. Unfortunately, you have many who SO understand what you are going through. I can't change the outcome, but I can listen if you need to vent some more. Best wishes. :hugs:

5. Teachertimes

Teachertimes Rookie

Jul 29, 2016

I'm so sorry. Try to enjoy your vacation. I have found in my county they don't send out rejections they just never contact you again. So unprofessional, I found out twice that I didn't get a job because my friends got the jobs and posted about it.

6. Jax123

Jax123 Rookie

Jul 29, 2016

Thanks guys for the responses. I just picked up pizza for dinner and while I was cashing out, me and the cashier said "Thank you" at the same time. She said, "We both said it at the same time. Now make a wish."......I'm sure you know what I wished for...

7. newteacher99

newteacher99 Rookie

Jul 31, 2016

So sorry that they are so unprofessional. Same for me. Not a word just nothing. They wouldn't last a day in Corporate America.

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 31, 2016

I've been on interview committees but don't obviously have any thing to do with the offer and call so this is just a guess, but I would guess that at least some of the time they don't contact the runners up in case the first choice turns it down.

9. mckbearcat48

mckbearcat48 Cohort

Jul 31, 2016

That is true around me. They keep all interviewees "in the pool" until a deal is done.