The short week

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by gpsysngbrd, Nov 17, 2013.

1. gpsysngbrd

gpsysngbrd Companion

Nov 17, 2013

With the Thanksgiving holiday I have a weird 2 day week next week - but I still need to have a lesson plan. This week I am obviously doing Thanksgiving, turkeys, Pilgrims, Indians, being thankful. But what about next week? Does anyone have any awesome ideas for a quick week?

Thanks!

3. Ted

Ted Habitué

Nov 17, 2013

I'm not a kindergarten teacher, so please forgive me if this is out of their league, but perhaps:

Monday - the students can create a picture of how they spend Thanksgiving and on Tuesday they can spend some time sharing their artwork with the class?

Of course, that doesn't fill the entire day, but maybe it will spark some brainstorming?

(This comes from a fourth-grade teacher, so again...forgive me!) :)

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Nov 18, 2013

Thanksgiving is also the start of Hannukah this year, and that weekend is also the start of Advent...you could start to talk about religious observations.

Or why not bump back the start of your Thanksgiving lessons by 2 days so it ends just before the break?

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 18, 2013

How about some basic lessons on wants vs needs? Also, it could be a good time to do a simple service project. Tie itin to being thankful for police, fire fighters, soldiers, or whoever else you want to and do shared writing, cards, pictures, etc..,,