The Search for a Job

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by britgteach, Jul 25, 2013.

1. britgteach

britgteach Rookie

Jul 25, 2013

I still on the search for a teaching position .I'm remaining optimistic:) about the search. What are some tips to help cope with trying to find a position. I recently emailed all of the principals in the district that is close to me. Is that appropriate?:dizzy:

3. mrs-j

mrs-j Rookie

Jul 25, 2013

I would look into charter and private schools. In my area, the public school thing is a total bust. The market is just far too saturated, and there are thousands of applicants for every one position. :( Good luck on your job search!

4. MzQualified

MzQualified Comrade

Jul 25, 2013

Put together a packet and take it by a few schools. That's how I landed my position for this school year.

You never know when you might get to talk with a P.

5. britgteach

britgteach Rookie

Jul 31, 2013

Update: I got a interview at a school on Friday. What types of questions should i ask the P? I'm a little nervous:woot::woot:

6. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Jul 31, 2013

Ask questions as they occur naturally during the interview. As for questions at the end, try not to ask more than three. One I like to ask is "what are you most proud of here?"

7. breezymarie07

breezymarie07 Companion

Jul 31, 2013

I'm in the same boat. I may email all the principals next week in my area. What did you say when you emailed them?

As far as coping, I recently took up yoga again and it has brought my anxiety level down so much. I, too, am feeling optimistic a teaching position will come my way soon. Worst case scenario, I sub.

If you are a new teacher like me, I like to ask what support they offer to their new teachers.

Good luck on your interview!! My fingers are crossed for you:)

8. britgteach

britgteach Rookie

Jul 31, 2013

I just said that I'm inquiring on a position at your school. I attached a copy of my resume, transcript, and teaching license. I have my fingers crossed that you will receive a position:D and that i will receive this position. I for me subbing or becoming a teaching assistant is my last resort if I can't find a position.:):)

9. britgteach

britgteach Rookie

Jul 31, 2013

Thanks

10. britgteach

britgteach Rookie

Aug 11, 2013

Update

The job I interviewed with on my recent post I didn't get the job:(
    But I applied to another place where I worked with while in college so I hope I get a teaching job there, or get hired with my district as a late hire. Just very hopeful:help::D:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::thanks:

11. redtop

redtop Companion

Aug 13, 2013

What ultimately worked for my wife was simply to email the principals at every school she was interested in. In her case, this meant several hundred schools in a number of different states, and also, she had 8 years experience, so she had something to make her stand out a bit.

The way she got her job was that the resume found its way to the department head in a school that was going to have an opening, and she literally got interviewed 5 hours after the job was officially posted; they didn't interview anyone else.

I don't know what your field is, but emailing to only one district seems very limiting.

12. PlentyofJobsUSA

PlentyofJobsUSA New Member

Sep 6, 2013

Keep an eye on job ads in newspaper. Post your CV in online job portals. Contact nearby schools and confirm if there is any vacant position..