The saga continues....

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Teaching Grace, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2009

with even more bad news!! If you've been following my story about my cruddy afternoon the other day, this is the updated update :)

I got everything taken care of with Bank of America. I spoke with them first thing this morning. At first they were going to refund only $78 of the $210 of overdraft fees until I asked for a supervisor. The guy I was speaking with went right ahead and spoke with the supervisor and got permission to refund all of it :) Which is great because my husband and I have only $44 to our names at the moment after the $210 was refunded.

Since there aren't any Bank of America branches in Mississippi we decided that our best bet for getting the money to me was by cashing the check and wiring the money through Wal-Mart. Well, my husband's company does their paychecks by handwriting them. Wal-Mart would not cash it because it was a handwritten pay roll check..... so my husband is going to have to wait till Monday to go to the Post Office to be able to mail me the check overnight so that I can deposit the check....unreal isn't it....I'm fine at the moment hanging out at my mom's. I have food to eat and my mom will fill up my car so I have gas in my car. This is just not the way to start off the only week that I have to work in my classroom!!!

3. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 25, 2009

Jeez! Thinking about you!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 25, 2009

oh, boy. Hang in there. It will get better.

5. Teaching Grace

Jul 25, 2009

Lol, thanks! It has to upsadaisy... it just has to! This whole work trip is absolutely insane. My husband is soooooo fed up with the entire company!!!

6. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2009

Oh my... at least they refunded the overdraft fees! :hugs:

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2009

:hugs: I hope everything gets taken care of soon. I guess hubby isn't going on anymore out of town trips?

8. Teaching Grace

Jul 25, 2009

chebrutta-- exactly! the first person told me they would so I politely stuck to my guns till the did and boy am I glad!

smalltown- at the rate his attitude is going out, i'll be lucky if he continues working for the company. but with this economy he pretty much has to. after this, i'm saying no out of town trips for sure. his boss started off asking about this one by asking," so, how're things at home?" I'm going to tell my husband to tell him next time," not good enough to leave anywhere outside of metro atlanta."

9. DallasTeacher

DallasTeacher Companion

Jul 26, 2009

What he needs to tell his boss is that he can't afford to float the conpany money and that any more out of town trips need to come with an advance. Don't let the boss think things are bad at home.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 26, 2009

:yeahthat:

11. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

I know that's a big worry right now, but as the others have a said, it will get better. Thank goodness for mom!

12. Teaching Grace

Jul 26, 2009

Update:

Thanks to everyone for their very supportive words! I'm not as stressed as I was. My husband is going to Fedex me his check tomorrow and his boss is headed out to Mississippi to give him some more money (hopefully) because he's almost out of money to eat with. My mom is going to drive me to school on Tuesday to help me work in my room (that way I don't use anymore gas!!). I'll keep you guys updated. My husband said he didn't know if the job will be done on time and he might not be home on Friday.

13. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 26, 2009

Oh man Tn2! You need a break. I'm thinking about ya. I once had $400 dollars in overdraft fees (long story, but basically could not transfer any money while I was on vacation and only had my debit card), so I know how that feels. Good luck!

14. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 26, 2009

Thinking of you and hoping all works out well.

15. Teaching Grace

Jul 26, 2009

Thanks! I'm just hoping that I'll be able to get to my room to work. It's been under construction ALL summer. They are just finishing up and we are able to get in. I have this week (without money for gas for the hour drive) and then 1 day the next week before parents and students come for registration and my class is totally in boxes. I'm going Tuesday for sure (and only because my mom is driving me and paying for gas). I just hope that I get everything done that I can...