The Post Office

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Master Pre-K, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 25, 2007

Yeah, I thought I was speaking to the new poster, who wanted to join in. I just wanted to tell them what the thread was really about.

I think the post office clerks have been trained to be a little more suspicious, but it doesn't seem to help.

Notice they stopped wearing gloves. They probably will stop asking CNG twenty questions after awhile.

2. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 25, 2007

CutNGlue:
    Instead of getting the decorated boxes/envelopes, how about buying some confetti type things and sprinkle them in the boxes/bags? My daughter went away to school one year, and we sent her tons of cards/letters/packages, and I would find these little tiny shiny I guess die cut things (angels, shamrocks, bunnies, etc.) and sprinkle them in the packages. You could also wrap the items before you put them in the box. I agree, what if you answered vaguely, something like "replacement underwear," instead of specific things like cookies and sexy poses of his wife?

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 25, 2007

We did the confetti already too.

4. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 25, 2007

Try spraying some of your perfume on an item or two that you are shipping to him -- it will drive him nuts!

5. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2007

whoa! I did not want to go there!!! :eek:

6. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 26, 2007

LOL, Master Pre-K! That is how I actually "reined in" my hubby! He went to Maryland to spend a couple of weeks with his best friend and his wife, and she (the friend's wife) and I plotted it. About a week before he was to leave, I mailed her a package containing a bottle of my favorite perfume (small). She would discreetly spray his pillow with it every night! LOL

7. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2007

Now this, my friend... is definitely a twist to our thread!

warning...this part contains juicy stuff ........it is after 7 pm....

How to win your man.... love from the post office!!!

I sent my ex some love letters, and some lyrics to our favorite music.

My ex sent me some casette tapes where he played our old favorite songs, and he talked in between, and sang to me.

I played the tapes, and screamed like a kid in high school! My daughter thought that we were both totally insane!

After being apart 15 years, I decided to go back to see him. My daughter and I got a hotel room, and he came over. She met him at the door, and he could not believe how much she had grown.

He saw me, sitting on the edge of the bed. Next thing I know we were smooching up a storm!! My daughter snapped a picture of us!!! Everyone laughed when they saw it! "Where was your daughter when you guys took this picture?", they would ask.

She took the picture! I said!! :eek: She thought we were pretty disgusting, even though we were her parents! sigh!

8. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Jul 26, 2007

That's okay, Master Pre-K. My parents were married to each other 4 times... in between the marriages to other people!

9. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2007

Ok, let me leave that scene!!!

What is really annoying is vacation hold and change of address procedures.

I think you lose a lot of mail during these times.

I learned to put my mail on vacation hold, then put in a change of address.

It takes over a month for that mail to literally go to the old post office, then go to some hidden sub station, where they put the yellow stickers on it, and then it gets sent to your new post office, and finally to you.

Of course, it would be a lot easy and also helps if you can just keep the old key to your mailbox! :p

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 26, 2007

Yet it can reach Afghanistan in 1-1.5 weeks!

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2007

see, what is the priority in priority mail??? and why is business mail cheaper and always faster? Why does business have priority over my credit card and cable bills? That is business too!

and when did the carriers start delivering mail at 5:30 p.m.!!! The banks close at 6!!! Shouldn't they be back in their office before 5??

12. OtterMom

OtterMom Comrade

Jul 26, 2007

I mentioned the Ready Post machine in this thread yesterday. I went to the PO today, and guess what - it was BROKEN! So...I had to stand in line to buy a little sheet of "pollination" stamps (which actually were almost too pretty to use.)

I looked at all the different pollinators, and then made a game of deciding which letter got which creature - the nasty lawn-service guy I just fired got the bat, my sister-in-law got the butterfly, the IRS got the bee.

(Yes, I am easily amused.) :crosseyed

13. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 26, 2007

:haha: I use the Happy Birthday stamps for the IRS and state taxes! They are always getting my money, so it made sense to me!

I learned never to use the ethnic stamps, nor mail my resumes from certain zip codes. It was a clear indication to a racist HR clerk that I was obviously not one of them!

14. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 28, 2007

Hey CNG--Can you be really vague and put something like "surprise gift" or "requested items"? For some reason, the thought of doing that to the postal system and government amuses me!
    :naughty:

15. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 28, 2007

LMBO!! I'm sure either the postal employee would notice or they would rip the box off on the other end to search it and repackage my nicely bought picture box in a goofy way. I do need to come up with some code words that mean the same thing but aren't as descriptive. Souveniers anyone?

16. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

Magazines - Sports Illustrated, Field and Stream? Reader's Digest?
    Can goods - (NO CHILLI :eek: see other thread!) Favorite microwave dish, zip top can
    Men's clothing - Surprise - A new shirt for your birthday!
    Art work - Your children's paintings - Just for you Daddy!
    Cleaning supplies - Febreeze! Air Wick Fresh Matic Spray
    Outerwear - A special jacket I picked up, just for you!
    Photographs - Surprise - I'm painting the bedroom! Look, we cleaned the garage! The whole family - We Miss You!
    CD's-Recorded Media - A CD of our favorite songs! Your favorite tunes!

Health and beauty items - razors, shaving cream, body wash, etc.

If you say men's tolieteries, they'll know it has razors!

17. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Jul 28, 2007

I would like to use one of those machines! :2up:

18. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 28, 2007

yeah, I forgot to mention it because---they hardly ever work!!!

besides, I think it only holds a box 8x8 or something ridiculous like that!