The Post-Interview Freak-Out

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by wanting2teach, May 25, 2012.

1. wanting2teach

wanting2teach Rookie

May 25, 2012

Had my interview yesterday afternoon. It went really well and I left with a VERY good feeling about how I did.

Today I'm feeling pretty much the opposite. Analyzing every little thing I said and how it could have possibly came across, both positively and negatively.

The principal said that they would have a decision within a week of the interview. She also said that they may ask interviewees back to do a mock lesson should they have a hard time choosing between candidates. The other option was that if they found someone who really "stuck out," they would skip the mock lesson and just move forward with hiring said candidate.

If they do the mock lessons, it would be early next week. Because it's a holiday weekend this weekend, I had assumed I would hear today whether I would be asked back to do a lesson or not - to give me (and my current employer) a couple day's notice that I would need to take off of work to do so.

I didn't hear anything today and so now I'm freaking out. They could be waiting until Tuesday to invite people back to do mock lessons on the following day. They could have thought I was the "stick out" candidate and are calling my references. Or they could not be interested at all.

Anyone go through anything similar? Any advice?

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

May 25, 2012

Take deep breaths. Once you send your thank you note it's out of your hands. If it's meant to be it will happen. If not, it's because there is a better opportunity out there.

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 26, 2012

:agreed:

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

May 26, 2012

Give it a little more time. It sounds like they want to hire quickly, but may just be really reviewing the candidates.