"The Office" Season2

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by nasimi77, Nov 5, 2006.

1. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 5, 2006

Calling all 'Office Fans'. :D So, how do you guys like Season 2 so far? I have to say I still am hooked. The tension between Pam and Jim is a big part of it. I wonder if this show is going to be like "Cheers" where they carry us through the whole season before they finally get together, or like "Friends"? Anyhow.....I'm thinkin' that gal at the new office is going to hit on Jimbo, ugh. (ok, I am really way too into this show!):p I love Steve Carrell. He's brilliant as the boss. Did anybody see last week's episode with the Indian costume party? OMG that was hilarious, but kinda sad too. Ok, thank goodness this is the only show I'm this into or I'd be worried. (although, I do also like Studio 60 and ER) :rolleyes:

3. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Nov 6, 2006

I did see last week's episode and it was hilarious! I only watched it occassionally last season and last week was the first time I watched it this year. I loved when Jim crashed his bike in the bushes. That was "laugh-out-loud" funny! Their boss is such a nut. He kills me when he tries to be PC. :) He's so clueless about everything he tries to do.

4. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Nov 6, 2006

I'm still loving The Office, but I want them to step up the Jam story line. Quickly. I adore them. And I don't want that other girl hitting on Jim although that is clearly what will happen.

5. katrinkit

katrinkit Comrade

Nov 6, 2006

This week will be good, but next week Jam will come back onto the scene, or so I hear...I'm the person that reads the spoilers (although I'm not telling you anything) and still watches the show...

6. love2teach

love2teach Enthusiast

Nov 6, 2006

LOL I love this show.....I only watched it when I caught it last season...this time around I am making more of an effort to watch it!! I loved the Dwali (sp? sorry!) verson of the Chaunukah song!! too funny!

7. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 6, 2006

ellen_a: I totally hear you on the Jam story line. However, I think the sexual tension (am I allowed to say that word on this sight?)LOL:confused: :eek: Is part of the allure of the show. I wonder if the writer's are keeping us in suspense for that reason. However, if they doddle too long it won't be good.

I got totally hooked on this show while I was student teaching. My ST experience was so stressful, and I heard about this new show, "The Office". I swear the show saved my life...the laughter at the end of the day was the therapy I needed!:p

Lovetoteach: Oh, yeah the dwali version of the Chanukah song was hilarious!

There's just so many wonderful subtleties in the show!!!

8. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Nov 6, 2006

i agree about the tension--it makes for a dedicated audience--but at least if they played jam out more (and less of that girl from the other office) i would be happy!

my friend drove through scranton the other night on a trip--she was like "i almost had to call you just because i know how much you love the office!"

i remember when the show first came out, my dad was like "ugh, how can you watch this? it's just like my office at work!" and i said "that's exactly why i can watch it, it's just like my office at work!"

9. arm605

arm605 Rookie

Nov 6, 2006

Is this really just Season 2? Because I thought it was the 3rd...???

10. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 6, 2006

arm605: Ya know what.....now you've got me wondering, maybe it is season 3?:confused: I thought it started in Jan of this year, but maybe I'm wrong.

ellen_a: I used to work at an office that TOTALLY reminds me of the show, lol! My former boss was also a complete bafoon! I think it's why so many people love it....they can relate so well. (like you!):D

11. arm605

arm605 Rookie

Nov 6, 2006

I am pretty sure that it is season 3 because I own season 1 on DVD and was going to buy season 2 earlier this fall....I'm thinking that maybe the first season wasn't a full one though...could that be?!?

12. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 6, 2006

arm605: It could very well be the case. I just went and called it Season 2 without really looking into it. :D I think you're right though....Season 1 did seem like a "short season", if that truly is the case. Well, wether it's season 3 or 2 or 5 or 4.....I'm still hooked! ;)

13. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Nov 6, 2006

Totally hooked on this show - it and Studio 60 are the highlights of my weekly television habit. If only I had a social life! At least hubby and I enjoy the shows together and Mountain Dew and microwave popcorn on my sofa are cheaper than happy hour . Any of you old enough to remember Moonlighting with Cybil Shephard and Bruce Willis? Sexual tension to the max until they actually got together. I agree that the woman who works with Jim is into him - but they really emphasize the fact the conversations between he and his co-workers are "forced" compared with the easy-going conversations between he and Pam. Jim won't be able to resist torturing Dwight for long. Do other parts of the world (other than PA) have people with names like Dwight Schrute?

14. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 6, 2006

Maryhf: I know....how do you get a job like that...where you sit around thinking up names like Dwight Schrute and Dunder Mifflin. (or, is that a real company?) :-o I love the one-on-one camera time when Jim said, "Yeah, I just took this job because it's a promotion..." *yeah, sure ya did Jimbo* And what about Pam? "Why did I call the wedding off? It just didn't work out." Um, ok...sure. Amazing how much in denial they are, even after that kiss! I still remember when Jimbo told Pam he was in-love-with-her. I actually yellped out a "whoo-hoo!" right in my living room. My cat just looked at me. ! :D Oh, and Studio 60....that is also my fav....and ER. (now that John Stamos is on again, geez he's hot). Ok,....clearly I have NO social life! lol

15. AngelHead

AngelHead Comrade

Nov 7, 2006

yeah, it's definitely season three and it's still great! I like the new office. I know I'm in the minority but I hope Jim ends up with the girl from the other office but it's not going to happen. i bet they have a fling though.

16. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 7, 2006

Wow, really!?:cool: Heaven's Yes I'd say you're int he minority! ;) That gal really bugs me....she seems rather ditzy. I fear they will have a fling as well....hopefully not though.....if they do the fling will either bring Jam closer together or father apart.

17. AngelHead

AngelHead Comrade

Nov 7, 2006

i bet they have the fling and right at that moment pam will finally come out of her shell and Jim will have a decision to make. I think we all know who he'll choose, which is probably why I wish he would choose the other girl. Also Pam has rejected him so much I can't really root for her.

18. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 7, 2006

Ah, give Pam a break. She was blinded by a cloudy/uncomfortable but seemingly "ok" "relationship" with that shipping dude. :rolleyes: It's obvious she loves Jimbo, just scared to death. I think she already realizes how much she misses him too. A bad relationship can cloud one's mind when even the best person is in front of you. (ok, now I'm psycho-analyzing the show? This is sad) :p

19. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Nov 8, 2006

I LOVE this show!!! I can relate to working with people like that (not to that extreme of course). I have season 2 and the out takes are so funny.

20. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Nov 8, 2006

Pam's character is so typical of Pennsylvania - she was safe with the hometown boy she was used to. she probably dated him in high school...not that it's bad since I have been married 20 years to my sweetheart! Pam needs some time to "find" herself and explore her own interests. she seems like the Julia Roberts character in Runaway Bride who doesn't know what kind of eggs she likes until her current boyfriend tells her.
    I don't know of a company called Dunder-Mifflin but in PA there are lots of things named "mifflin" after a former governor.

21. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 10, 2006

Well, this week's episode was interesting, and as always hilarious. ;) Looks like Jimbo is headed back to Scranton, with a "friend." Should be interesting.

I love how some of the office staff were secretly jazzed about the office closing, while others were so traumatized. The writer's of this show are terrific.

22. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Nov 11, 2006

I agree, I love The Office. My husband got me hooked, and now it is our weekly "date". I'm so excited that Jim is coming back! I think his "friend" and Pam will hate each other instantly- and where is Jim going to sit?? He HAS to be right across from Pam...

23. nasimi77

nasimi77 Groupie

Nov 11, 2006

I know, the drama just keeps getting better! ;) :D

24. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Nov 11, 2006

I watched the last episode with a bunch of friends from my grad program; on Friday, we angered a woman leading a meeting by singing Michael's Jan song ('just call me Levinson...') repeatedly. Oops.

But we LOVED the episode.