The Obama Factor - More Teaching Jobs?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by rs08, Jan 1, 2009.

1. rs08

rs08 Rookie

Jan 1, 2009

Every time the president-elect or one of his surrogates talks about creating new jobs by improving America's infrastructure, education is mentioned. I'm hoping it'll be easier to get hired as a teacher once billions of dollars are given to America's school districts for this purpose. But maybe the money will only be used to hire construction workers to merely refurbish the school buildings.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Enthusiast

Jan 1, 2009

4. Miss J. Pre-K

Miss J. Pre-K Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

I keep hoping. . . as a pre-k teacher, I would love for there to be more public pre-ks. I know part of the reason I voted for him was that he talked about the value of early education. It really kind of sucks when I've almost completed a masters degree and there is only 1 public pre-k teaching position in my county.

5. tcherjen

tcherjen Comrade

Jan 1, 2009

I am thinking he is going to be positive. I like that he is for helping students with disabilities, my son has a reading disability. I hope he opens up funds to hire teachers this year. I need a job!!

6. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 2, 2009

You can't get blood from a stone. Regardless of his good intentions, it's going to take money to hire teachers-- or construction workers.

I think that the ecnonomy is going to take some work (though I haven't got a clue how they can fix it) before any hiring starts to pick up.

I think too many people (and, no, not anyone here, just people in general) are looking for lots of big changes right after the inaugeration or in the first 100 days. I think that our national problems are much harder than that to solve.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think this mess is going to take a whole lot longer to unravel.

7. forkids

forkids Cohort

Jan 2, 2009

I agree, Aliceacc. Obama is inheriting such a mess it will take a while to see noticable results. I'm hoping for the best, tho.