The New Weight Watchers/Weight Loss Buddies

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Starista, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Starista

Starista Cohort

Apr 27, 2015

Hi!

So I've been to weight watchers meetings since the early 80s (with my mom, who's been a lifetime member since 88) and I think it's time I give it a go.

Things have changed since I went with my mom to the meetings - there's 3 different options now to join! I wonder if anyone is doing it to lose weight or manage weight and wants a weight loss buddy to communicate with?

Teaching is both a physically and mentally tiring job and I NEED TO find the will to get moving.
    Let me know if anyone is in the same boat!

3. vickilyn

vickilyn Magnifico

Apr 27, 2015

Count me in. I have done WW with my sister, and she is an inspiration to me, but she has maintained for so long, that I feel I need the "thrill" of sharing the hard work and challenges who is in the same boat that I am. WW keeps changing, but the truth is that any of the versions over the years can be successful with the right motivation. You are right about the teaching and the fatigue. I am sure you will receive many offers, and if you find someone incredibly close, I will understand. However, the one thing that this forum has shown us is that we are all just a few keystrokes away. ;)

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 27, 2015

I'm not using WW but I am trying to get the weight off! Would be happy to commiserate with you!!

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 27, 2015

I'm not doing WW, but am working to stay on track with clean eating and working out. I'm doing the 21-Day Fix program from BeachBody. The more people I have to keep me accountable, the better!

6. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 27, 2015

I'm not doing WW but I am doing the 21 day fix. I'm also working out at my gym 3-4 days a week. Two days a week I workout with a coach.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Apr 27, 2015

dg--are you doing the Fix workouts in addition to the gym workouts?

8. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Apr 27, 2015

I do fix workouts on my days I'm not at the gym. I love them! So far I've done total body cardio, upper, lower, dirty 30, and yoga.

9. Starista

Starista Cohort

Apr 27, 2015

Yes yes yes! My number one thing is that I absolutely can NOT keep bad food in the house. It is so difficult not to succumb!

10. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Apr 27, 2015

I totally agree! If it's not there you can't go eat junk just because you're bored. I try to eat healthy most of the time but if I really want a treat I will go out and get a small portion of it like the ice cream place where I can get one scoop instead of buying a whole half gallon to sit in my freezer (saying eat me!! eat me!!). I don't go to WW but I do go to a weight loss support group. The key for me is not what they tell me/advise me to eat but the accountability of having someone weigh me every week. If I had to just weigh myself I'd just keep telling myself it's no big deal to "cheat".

11. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 2, 2015

That makes sense. So having someone who isn't just YOU weight you is what keeps you on track? That's super and why I think WW will be good for me.

I know what you mean about a 1/2 gal or pint of ice cream sitting there in the fridge -- so difficult to resist!!

12. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 2, 2015

Grocery shopping this morning: lemons, basil, kale, spinach, mushrooms, cucumbers, heirloom tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, sugar snap peas, apples, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, plain Greek yogurt, feta cheese, eggs, chicken breasts, salmon, pork loin. Going to do some food prep this afternoon so I'm all ready for the week!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 2, 2015

My Mom went to mtgs in the 80s too & as an adult, I joined once & have been to a few. I personally need more motivation than just meetings. I've had a personal trainer before & I loved it. I did well & I wish I could keep one forever.

Once I get into the mindset that most fast food is disgusting, I'll be in good shape. Not that I eat from them all the time or eat the worst stuff on the menus, but I could cut down some.

I'm taking more vitamins on a regular basis than ever before & chis seeds, etc., so I'm proud of myself. I also start walking a lot more.

14. Starista

Starista Cohort

May 2, 2015

Ms. I ~~ that is awesome! Are there certain vitamins you notice make a difference? I know what you mean about having the thought and frame of mind that certain food is so bad for you... We can do this!

15. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 2, 2015

I find that, for me, cutting out added sugar, wheat and processed foods, as well as limiting sodium is tremendously effective. Not only do I lose weight, but I feel so much better. I take a multi-vitamin, but probably don't need to with the clean diet I'm following right now. I also take glucosamine, magnesium and omega 3s.