The main reason I checked this section of the forum was...

Discussion in 'Private School Teachers' started by Ellensmom, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Jun 24, 2009

To ask for ideas for our school wide theme- Building Christian Character. I have a couple of posters and will be using something like "caught being good" cards at school AND home(but may change the name to fit the theme). Anything else you have would be great. I am using a Luau/ocean theme in my classroom which is 3rd grade.
    Thanks
    Angela

3. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Jul 8, 2009

I did a construction theme a few years ago. There's a really cute bee bulletin board set out there about "building good character" complete with bible verses. There are also tons of posters that use road signs with cute sayings. I put their names on hard hats for my back to school board with the slogan "Building the foundation for a great year"

For a fish theme: How about

Faithfully
    I
    Serve
    Him

Fresh
    Ideas
    Start
    Here

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 8, 2009

This site has some really cute plastic charms with character themes. You could use them as incentives or prizes. They have the chains, too.

www.fitnessfinders.com

5. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Jul 8, 2009

I love these- thanks!:):):)

6. Ellensmom

Ellensmom Companion

Aug 13, 2009

Here is what I came up with. I stuck with my ocean/luau theme for the majority of the room. On one bulletin board I used the school theme about building christian character. I bought yellow caution tape to use for a border, put up black letters that say "building Christian character" and used orange diamonds (as construction signs) that listed the characteristics we are going to work on :honesty, responsibility etc. It turned out better than I expected actually. I am also going to include the parents. I will be sending home small orange construction signs for them to fill in when their child shows Christian Character at home. This will be posted in the classroom along with students' school examples. I did something like this one other year and they parents thought it was great!