The Last Monday

Discussion in 'General Education' started by SCTeachInTX, Dec 11, 2011.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Dec 11, 2011

This is our last Monday before the break... We get to wear jeans and Christmas shirts/sweaters/colors all week. I am looking forward to a low key week. The kids are working on dialogue and expression using dramatic literature. Should be FUN this week! Each day we have little fun activities planned like a luncheon on Wednesday from the office staff. One free hour to get things done. (The admin. is providing a floating sub so that teachers can work on whatever they want for an hour.) Breakfast goodies will be served all week for the staff. There is a secret SANTA gift exchange all week with secret Santa reveal on Thursday. Lots of fun things happening! How about you guys?:) And Merry Christmas!:D

3. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Dec 11, 2011

We get to wear jeans and holiday shirts all week, too! What I like best about that is the tennis shoes that come with that freedom!

On Wednesday, the teachers are doing a "flash mob" for the kids. It's the 12 days of Christmas with lyrics that match our school. On Thursday, during lunch, we're having Christmas karaoke. On Friday, we have our annual cookie/coffee/cocoa bar for the students. The teachers come in a little earlier and we spend the first hour of the day hanging out in the cafeteria. We make them cookies, coffee and cocoa. The kids LOVE it. We decorate the cafeteria to look all holiday/wintery and play holiday music. We'll also display the "elf yourself" videos from Office Depot. Our librarian puts them together from pictures she's taken all year of our kids and faculty. It's loads of fun.

4. bondo

bondo Cohort

Dec 11, 2011

This week sounds like a ton of fun for both of you. Our school sticks to the last day for fun. We do get to dress in jeans and holiday apparel. Have a great week!

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Dec 11, 2011

We keep most of our fun for the last day before the break. But we do have some teacher activities planned (two pot luck lunch days).

6. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Dec 11, 2011

I have 2 more Mondays as we don't get out until the 20! But the 19, my partner teacher is having a drop everything and read day (she teaches literacy, I do math/science), and I am doing a math camp day with math games. Tuesday the 20 will be filled with lots of craft activities, plus the party. Next week will be business as usual, with a drop-in observation for me one afternoon (which one, I'm not sure!).

7. Pacificpastime

Pacificpastime Companion

Dec 12, 2011

Sounds like a lot of simple fun. Enjoy!

8. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Dec 12, 2011

Have fun!

We go until the 20th, so this week is "relatively" normal. I have a few Christmas-theme activities sprinkled in, plus the simple joys of reading by the Christmas lights and having Christmas music on as they work (parochial school perk!).

9. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Dec 12, 2011

Wow, I can't believe how early everyone gets out! Our last day is the 22nd.

10. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Dec 12, 2011

We have a full week this week and then a half week next week. I'm having a potluck with each of my classes on Thursday/Friday depending on when I see them as we review for the exams. Next Wednesday we have a luncheon provided by our P.

11. AnonyMS

AnonyMS SpEd Para! BASE room aide! RTI Facilitator!

Dec 12, 2011

What are you all bringing for your luncheon? I need ideas!

12. tgim

tgim Habitué

Dec 13, 2011

Us to - pigeon....we are even testing next week in the a.m., but will do some readers' theaters for fluency for fun. I would love to see the "flash mob" one poster's teachers are doing!! I have always wanted to do something like that! We are having an "ugly Christmas sweater" event for teachers next Thursday.

13. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Dec 13, 2011

We go until the 22nd as well.

I have been putting in more holiday activities as they end gets closer, but this week is a normal week, packed full of learning.

Next week will be more laid back, but still going with our routine. 1st graders cannot handle too much change, they really need the structure to stay some what manageable!

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 14, 2011

We finish at 2:35 on the 23rd!

We're keeping our grade 7 and 8 students in the routine as much as possible--math unit test on Friday, 2 English assignments due before the break, etc. We're trying to inject a little "fun" next week, but need to keep the kids on track for as long as we can.

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 14, 2011

We go to the 23rd.
    I had a great workshop yesterday so that was a little break fom the holiday excitement at school.:rolleyes:
    My class is making a family cookbook...a recipe of a family favorite from each. Kids will illustrate and I'll bind as gift to families.
    We've already been to the 4th grade holiday concert...so fun!
    Faculty Brunch Thursday. Kids are sharing family tradition surveys...the big lesson being that we really have so much in common:love:
    Cookie exchange next week.
    Busy time of year...plus with two or three hours of tutoring most nights, I'm a bit behind on Christmas shopping.:eek: it will all get done though!
    Enjoy the excitement everyone!

16. Mellz Bellz

Mellz Bellz Comrade

Dec 14, 2011

It is pretty much business as usual. We can wear jeans on Friday. We are trying to keep the kids as busy as possible. Our kids are working on oral presentations and they are super excited but that's it.

17. mrsc_teaches

mrsc_teaches Companion

Dec 14, 2011

Today we had a half day so in the afternoon we had a pot luck lunch I actually had the morning off to cook a ham and turkey and mashed taters for the event. Tons of fun! We also had a gift card raffle.
    For the kiddies next Thursday we will have Polar Express Pajama day complete with lunch catered by Boston Market and a Winter Show. Long day lots of fun but PAJAMAS!!! :)