The kind of person I hate.

Discussion in 'Paraprofessionals' started by pete2770, Apr 1, 2011.

1. pete2770

pete2770 Comrade

Apr 1, 2011

I'm working as a para. In the morning I work with young kids, when they go home I go and watch the lunchroom, and after lunch I go back to the young kids. (Lunch is elementary through High School.)

There are three lunch sections for the High School. When I'm in there, my duties are to clean the tables in between those sections, mop up any spills if I'm not busy. When they're in there, I just watch for phones, stock drinks, and also mop any immediate spills if I have a second.

So today I'm cleaning the tables (April 1st), because of course the kids like to hang around until the bell rings, so I'm going all out to finish before the next group comes in. In the middle of my cleaning, this teacher walks over to me. Gets my attention, and says "I found a fry." Naturally, I thought she had good humor and was joking because it's the first of April. So I kind of laugh, and go back to my work. Then she says "I found it the hard way." I'm still thinking, ahh ok, it was funny, so what you looked under a table? Then she motions me to follow her and she moves pretty fast...over to this one little fry on the floor that any one of the 100's of students could have dropped. She points to it, and says "I slipped on this."

It was small, real small. I could tell it was mashed down. I didn't say anything like this, but I right away question the validity of her story and just assume she's one of those people always on the look out for worker's comp (I don't know who, but knew of a teacher that had recently tried getting worker's comp because she slipped on a trash pile the custodian was sorting; I thought it might be her.)

Naturally, I say are you all right? "I don't know, probably not." I pick up the fry...the little fry, and walk two feet to the trash can to throw it away. This cafeteria is large by the way. Usually it's a simple system, I clean up the tables, after the last of the lunch periods the custodians come in and sweep/mop. Of course, now she limps away like it's the worst pain in the world.

A long story made short, I absolutely despise people like her. For starters, be mindful of where you're walking. Second, don't act all superior grabbing someone. Third, pick up the fry yourself you lazy nut.

Sorry, I'm just fuming. I hate people like her. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

3. EdEd

EdEd Aficionado

Apr 1, 2011

What did she do when you slapped her? You slapped her, didn't you? :)

4. pete2770

pete2770 Comrade

Apr 1, 2011

LOL

I wish. I just shrugged it off. I don't want to burn any bridges here.

5. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Apr 1, 2011

LOL. What a looney bird.

6. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 2, 2011

How often can we all recall situations when we wish we could have slapped someone!!:rofl:

7. pete2770

pete2770 Comrade

Apr 11, 2011

Well, she did come and apologize today.

A week or more later, so I don't feel quite as bad.

:)

8. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Apr 11, 2011

Are you kidding? How ridiculous! Yikes- ugh! How annoying! Honestly, she called for you to pick up the fry?!?! yikes.

Your description is kinda funny though- I was totally waiting for the April Fools part- hard to believe there wasn't one. hmm.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 11, 2011

She was probably just upset that she fell...it's upsetting. Let it go. Hate isn't worth the energy.

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Apr 11, 2011

I'm impressed that she apologized after a week. That says she felt bad about it. Her actions were likely impulsive at the time and who knows what had her riled up but then she regretted it later. Give her props for that.

11. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Sep 28, 2011

I love to laugh out loud and that did it. Thanks....:lol:

12. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 29, 2011

:lol:

13. mmiamor

mmiamor New Member

Nov 26, 2011

Another ungry school employee

Why the school employees are so sour and complainers. You are supposed to loveee teaching so?
    suck it up and smile.... the children are looking!

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2011

Don't know if you read the whole post. The person apologized...was probably just upset at falling. All water under the bridge now...no need to re-hash.

15. Cliogirl

Cliogirl Rookie

Jun 3, 2012

You did great!!!!!!knowing me..I would have said pick it up than.....

16. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 3, 2012

You were pretty cool about it.
    I would have asked, "You want me to eat it OR you want to eat it? It's been on the floor for over 5 seconds so you'll probably be sick from it, 'cause I won't be eating it!" She sounds like she didn't have anything better to do.:whistle:
    NOW! People that I do not like....
    -Ones with negative attitudes
    -Ones who gossip
    -and the ones who smile in your face and then turn around and talk about you.
    Rebel1

17. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Jun 3, 2012

It's been so long I wonder if this french fry still exists somewhere in a landfill or if it has decomposed yet. You never know with cafeteria food.

18. ITeachSDCkids

ITeachSDCkids Rookie

Jun 10, 2012

Ridiculous! I would have asked her what she wanted you to do about it since if she had an accident she would need to go to the office. It really had nothing to do with you at all. Anyone working in a school knows food gets on the floor.

19. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 10, 2012

lol

20. StellatheSub

StellatheSub Rookie

Feb 10, 2013

I would have said "Sorry, I'm not the stray fry police, I'm trying to get the tables cleaned."