The Grocery game?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dragonfly05, Jul 6, 2008.

1. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 6, 2008

Has anyone else tried this??

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2008

I haven't tried it, but some people on SparkPeople recommend it. I'm fairly confused about what it is, and I'm more than a little turned off by the fact that you have to pay for it (even if it's just a couple of bucks).

4. jenngugs

jenngugs Companion

Jul 6, 2008

Yes, I currently subscribe to it- it's only $10 for a few weeks, so it's not too bad. You can get 4 weeks to try it for only $1 too. It basically is a subscription to a list that guides you when you should use coupons to buy a certain item to get the absolute best price.

It's is pretty neat, though I find it more entertaining to read the message boards on that site to read everyone's crazy success stories. Let me know if you have questions, and I'll try to help. Plus, if you write me down as a referral I get $$ off my membership :)

5. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 6, 2008

I looked at it. Since I've changed the way we're eating, less processed foods, I have found that I don't use as many coupons as I used to. I too don't like having to pay for it.

I make my grocery/dinner lists off of the grocery ads. I don't go from grocery store to grocery store as I find that it just takes up more time & with the cost of gas, I don't like driving to multiple stores.

Our grocery store uses a membership like card & I like to give that to them after everything is rung up & before coupons to see how much I saved by using the card & doing the store specials. It makes a bigger impact then seeing that I saved 29.

I do shop at a fruit/veggie store that's on my way home from work.

6. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 6, 2008

Well, I signed up for the trial period since it is only $1. I too, don't eat a lot of processed foods if possible, although we do tend to eat granola bars and stuff like that with lunches. Also, we use toiletries/paper towels/soaps/detergents, etc. This thing sounds pretty cool and I am excited to see if it works for me! I like the idea of stockpiling...although right now we are in an apartment, so we can't get too much stuff! I am also interested in making meals ahead of time to freeze, so this could be helpful for that as well. :D