The Great Organizathon 2011!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by kcjo13, Jun 6, 2011.

1. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 6, 2011

Ok, so I've decided that the clutter in my home is getting extreme, so it is time to purge. I have a reputation at school for being a neat freak, and I do not save ANYTHING. But I'm not always like that at home. We have a large house with plenty of storage, so there is no excuse for cluttered drawers!

So I'm starting the Great Organizathon 2011! Every day, until I'm done, I'm picking one drawer, or closet, or area, and de-cluttering. I'm posting my status on Fb, along with pictures. But I figured here would be a good backup!

So keep me honest! Join in! What in your life needs reorganized?

3. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 6, 2011

Oh, and today I chose my pantry and canned goods lazy susan. I can't post pics from my phone, but I will later! I purged all old food, spices, etc, and reorganized every shelf.

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 6, 2011

All the baby clothes! She just grows too fast.

Oh...and that junk drawer that I keep forgetting is even there. Shhhh...don't tell my husband.

5. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 6, 2011

Hehe, I have about 3 junk drawers. They are soon on my list! I'm trying one a night so I don't get burned out. But, tonight I didn't stop at one, so maybe I can do this fast!

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 6, 2011

Reward yourself tonight! You did 200% of the work that you wanted to accomplish for today!

7. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 6, 2011

I did...snow cones!

8. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jun 6, 2011

Good for you! I don't have time for the house right now, but I'm doing bit by bit in my classroom right now. I have been in the same room 11 years and I sure have collected! I am afraid to admit I am a piler and always think I have a use for everything. I think I can, I think I can!

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 6, 2011

I love it! I'm going to do this too, I think.

10. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 6, 2011

Gonna get those cords organized Caesar? ;)

11. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 6, 2011

I did that already! Woo!! :)

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 7, 2011

Good for you! I'm kind of a pack rat (but nowhere near like those on Hoarders!) I have so much stuff (papers, jewelry, shoes, clothes) that I've run out of room for things, but it's all good stuff, not things that should have been thrown out. I need another whole house to store the stuff in THIS house! But, I'm certainly NOT going to stop shopping!

I'm clearing away section by section too. Recently I tidied 1/2 of my bedroom. I need to get more earring, bracelet/watch holders.

13. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jun 7, 2011

I don't just have a junk drawer. I have a junk room. It's on the to-do list.

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 7, 2011

Give me until July 1st, and I'll join in!

Until then, I'll be doing the Organizathon in my office at school.

15. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2011

MrsC, I'm doing my file cabinet at school right now...

I got a lot done when I was stuck at home for a week of snow days. I do have to organize my spare bedroom, because it just becomes a dumping ground, but the rest is good. That will have to wait until the classroom gets done!

16. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jun 7, 2011

Fortunately the only space I have at school is one 2-drawer filing cabinet. I share someone's room so I didn't even have the space to fill it with junk! Cleanup will a be a breeze the last day of school ;)

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 7, 2011

This is me too. It's become where we put everything for our garage sale. Really need to have one of those soon.

18. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2011

I'm hoping the clutter will be better next month when we move into our house. In the tiny apartment, any clutter at all looks like a terrible mess. Didn't have a chance to do the dishes yesterday, and that 1 day of dishes takes up ALL the sink and counter space.

But same stuff in close to triple the space... hopefully will be better?

19. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Jun 7, 2011

Nanny, we moved from a 600 sq. ft house, to a 3500 sq. ft house and filled it! I swear, junk (specifically toys) comes out of our air vents.

20. sweetlatina23

sweetlatina23 Cohort

Jun 7, 2011

THis was my summer goal as well. I am almost done. Yesterday, I spent 5 hours cleaning out my closet, JUST MY CLOSET! It still looks the same haha, except its organized and a lot cleaner. I think I'm going to need new clothes now haha. I donated a lot of shoes, purses, and clothes.

I re organized all my drawers and in the process ended up hurting my back somehow. I was on my way to the ER thinking it was something else, it hurt BAD! I decided it wasn't worth the $$ expense. It slowly went away. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, I wonder if it was Kidney Stones.

Anyway, all I need now is my pantry and our bedroom restroom. We have never used the extra restroom since we moved here, it just creeps me out. Our landlord cleaned it out, but still it was just used for our puppy. I figured its my summer job to slowly clean it out and make it a restroom. I don't think I'll ever use the shower, but at least the toilet.

I have to bring all my school stuff home so that is in the way, it takes up half of my computer room, but I already organized those files. It should be easy to set up my room this year.

21. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 7, 2011

I've gone through all my files--now I'm just collating/organizing them as I put them back in the drawers...

22. Danny'sNanny

Danny'sNanny Connoisseur

Jun 7, 2011

Nooooooooo! Don't tell me that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had hope!!! :lol: