The Goddard School - question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by ljd003, Sep 8, 2011.

1. ljd003

ljd003 Rookie

Sep 8, 2011

I was curious if any of you had any experience with The Goddard School. I have never worked at a preschool or a daycare but I do have an elementary education background (degree in Liberal Studies, and am licensed to teach). I have tried researching their beliefs such as discipline, and their curriculum but I was hoping to hear from someone who has first hand experience working at a Goddard School. What is your schedule like? Ex) M - F at such and such times... what is the daily school schedule like while you are there? What is the pay like and how different is it then working in a public elementary school. I really hope to get some insightful answers.. trying to figure out if this is for me or not!!

Thank you in advance

3. GAteacher87

GAteacher87 Companion

Sep 9, 2011

I'll be honest with you. I THINK that the Goddard Schools are just your average run-of-the-mill daycare centers-- that is, they have high turnover rates, they don't pay teachers/employees well, etc. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I worked in several daycare centers/preschools in my undergrad years, and they all seemed to be the same, unfortunately!

4. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Sep 9, 2011

Goddard Schools are privately owned and run - franchises. My friend currently works in the toddler room -lead teacher -making about $10/hr. It is just like all the other kindercares, kiddie academies, etc.