The first week of September and I've already got a cold?

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Joy, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Joy

Joy Cohort

Sep 6, 2011

The first week of September and I've already got a cold!

I've been subbing pretty steady for the past three weeks and I've already got a nasty cold!!! Last year I got one later in September that lasted well into February. Hopefully, this one won't last that long! I have alot of days that I have promised to teachers and can't get down with this. Out comes the Mucinex and cough drops!

I have been around alot of sick kids and teachers already. I suppose I could be sick with something much worse!

Are there any other subs out there already sick?

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 6, 2011

I'm not a sub, but I'm sick too. I got it from my hoosband, though, not my students. Ack!

I've got what feels like a permanent frog in my throat, lots of stuffiness in my head (to the point where my teeth and ears hurt), and a combination stuffy/runny nose. I think I started having a fever today, too. :(

I've been taking Advil Cold and using my neti pot like crazy for the past few days.

4. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Sep 6, 2011

I'm sick too. Blech.

5. bridgetbordeaux

bridgetbordeaux Companion

Sep 7, 2011

at first I thought mine was allergies, but it did hit me about 4 days after I subbed for the first time this year. Maybe I got it from the kiddos, but I have not felt well for 2 weeks.
    I am better, but not all the way back to normal

I need to start taking my allergy meds and vitamin C!

6. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 7, 2011

I've got my first cold, too. It usually strikes after Homecoming week (an insan-o busy week for me). But, it struck early this year (after an insan-o busy week).

7. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Sep 7, 2011

I'm not a sub, but I came down with a cold on Friday night. I feel like I am getting much better. My throat didn't hurt at all today, but I started feeling yucky at the end of the day again. I am on my third cup of tea this evening.

8. Enseignante<3

Enseignante<3 Companion

Sep 8, 2011

Zicam!!!! or just regular old zinc drops...that's what zicam is anyway. I swear they seriously shorten my symptoms. Drink tons of water if you're taking either of those as well. Hope you feel better! Allergies still have me down right now :/

9. Little Monster

Little Monster Rookie

Sep 14, 2011

something went around my class the other day and I was unfortunate enough to pick it up... stuffy, ear/tooth ache... fun, fun, fun!

I took Zicam once and lost my sense of taste for three days afterwords!

My best advice... keep your hands away from your face!

10. Julie9789

Julie9789 Companion

Sep 14, 2011

I had already subbed 4 days by the time I came down with my symptoms. I really think mine is allergies though. It's all signs of allergies and not a cold...

I lose my voice with allergies (isn't that just fun?!) and last year I lost it for 3 weeks...all 3 weeks of the LTS I had. It made for an interesting time. I still taught everyday, until my doctor told me if I didn't take 2 days off for rest, I'd probably damage my vocal cords permanently.

Thankfully, my voice was only gone this year Saturday-Tuesday. I have a skype interview on Monday...soooo hopefully it's completely back by then!