The etiquette of a rejection notice... what else is there to discuss?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by McKennaL, Aug 26, 2009.

1. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Aug 26, 2009

Today's rejection Letter"

Dear McKenna Lane,

I regret to inform you that the principal has recommended that another candidate advance in the selection process for the 3rd Grade Teacher Vacancy at ***** School. You were one of nearly 250 applicants! This year the job market is really difficult; the competition is fierce and the supply of teachers outweighs the demand.

Your application will remain on file with ***** School District 112, and I encourage you to check the district web site for newly posted vacancies.

Thank you again for your interest in the ***** Schools.

I appreciate getting a notice when I wasn't even called for an interview (there has to be a data base for them to do this-that being all the applications they received in the 3 days it was posted. I am sure the Asst. Superintendent didn't type out everyone...and even WITH MailMerge - which fills in the name of the candidate and the position automatically-you still need a database). I wish others would be so kind.

What I would REALLY like to do-though I know I wouldn't get a straight answer-is to ask...so how DID you narrow it down. what words or information dd you scan for? How COULD i get past that scanning??

Hmmmm.

3. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Aug 26, 2009

I'm sorry, Mc! :hugs: I've not gotten a letter like that but I do think it is nice that you were sent something so you weren't left wondering. I got two rejection letters today (after my writing to find out about where the school was in the hiring process) and they both responded they went with someone else. What? You didn't even call me in for an interview...And like you I wonder how they selected the candidates to interview.

Did you hear anything from school #3?