The dishwasher

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Writer's Block, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Writer's Block

Writer's Block Companion

Jul 2, 2008

Why does the dishwasher not dry anything that is plastic? I am so tired of unloading the thing, and getting soaked when I pull out a plastic dish because the water comes pouring all over me.

Just my random thought/question for the day.

3. MS Candy

MS Candy Comrade

Jul 2, 2008

LOL, that is why my dishwasher is 13 yrs old and has to answer to Dad if dishes and kitchen are not clean and dried correctly! :lol:

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2008

I never use the heat dry function because I think it's a waste of energy. What I do instead is run the dishwasher in the evenings right after dinner. Then, before we go to bed, I open it up, pull out the racks, and let it air dry all night. The dishes are dry by morning, including the plastic ones--but it doesn't work for water that pools up anywhere, like in an overturned plastic bowl or something.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 2, 2008

Me, too, Cassie. I found that making sure to use a rinse-aid type of product helps quite a bit.

6. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jul 2, 2008

My plastic is nevr dry either. Lately there has been a commercial on for Jet Dry that supposedly gets the plastic dry. I think I'm gonna try it to see.

7. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jul 2, 2008

Thanks for the tip Cassie! I'll finally have a dishwasher in our new apartment after being without for 2 years!

8. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Jul 2, 2008

We never use our dishwasher. I don't know about the rest of you (or maybe cuz our dishwasher is ancient) but it never does a very good job. Plus it usually leaves glasses dingy looking, ugh. So we wash our dishes and then put them in the dishwasher to air dry. I don't remember the last time we actually ran the thing...