The Daily 5 in Pre-K

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by MissErin, Jul 30, 2008.

1. MissErin

MissErin Comrade

Jul 30, 2008

Hello,

I just finished the book the Daily 5 and I love what it has to say and what it does for the students. I was wondering if anyone has implemented this program into their Pre-K or preschools and how you have modified it to fit the needs of you and your students. I have never taught pre-K before so I am unsure about a few of the things that she talks about- ability wise. I also was wondering about the length of time that student would do the Daily 5 in a pre-K setting. She recommends 30 minutes (building stamina to eventually get there) in a primary classroom. With 5 different elements though, that is a REALLY big chunk of time.

If anyone would be willing to share how they've used this in their classroom, I would surely appreciate it!

Thanks so much.

3. KarenPreK

KarenPreK Companion

Jul 30, 2008

I've never read the Daily 5, so I can't say from a personal perspective. However, on another chatboard several Kindergarten teachers were recently saying that the Daily 5 was not even appropriate for Kindergarten. So, I decided I wouldn't bother reading the book.