The Daily 5 and MacMillan's Treasures

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Lucky2ou, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Lucky2ou

Lucky2ou Rookie

Jul 18, 2010

My school uses the MacMillan McGraw Treasures series for Reading and is going to try to incorporate the Daily 5 next year. I read the book and was wondering if anyone currently uses both programs and has any good resources for the Daily 5. Thanks!

3. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 19, 2010

I'm going to be be posting about this in my blog later this week. I've been trying to put together a video about what I do, but may just do a written entry. I did it with great success last year. I'll try to remember to cut and paste it here for you when you are finished, but you could always check the blog. I have a few posts/pictures about how I organized my Treasures materials on there.

4. amyd

amyd Rookie

Jul 19, 2010

I'm so glad you asked, because I was going to post the same question! I'm not sure how to incorporate everything the kids need to know and do the Daily 5.

5. Touchthefuture

Touchthefuture Comrade

Jul 19, 2010

The MacMillan series is great and it has alot of resources. It was a little overwhelming at first but once you figure out how to use the different resources it can be very useful. I mainly use the guided reading books, comprehension cards and teacher resouce books. Our school is not one to follow a basal reader every week.

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2010

7. Lucky2ou

Lucky2ou Rookie

Jul 22, 2010

thanks!

Thank you all for your suggestions! I look forward to reading your blog post also!