The COVID has struck!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Pi-R-Squared, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Sep 14, 2022

I felt moody and snappy on Monday... I just wanted to go home and sleep.... Called out Tuesday because I felt dizzy and my head hurt.... Called out again today because I continued to feel bad..... so my wife says I needed a COVID test. So she happily stuck a swab up my nose until I sneezed and tears flowed. A positive test and now I'm out the rest of the week.... So far, not so bad with the symptoms.... Fever, chills, and cough.... Ibuprofen, sinus pills, and Mucinex seem to be keeping me from feeling really bad....

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Sep 14, 2022

It was spreading so easily here a couple of weeks ago. One day there were 9 teachers out. The staff is only like 30-something. There weren’t any subs one day, and not nearly enough another day.

I am technically a sub, but I was not subbing in a germ pit with combined classes and no planning.

Hopefully you have a mild case. Most who had it here said it was body aches and brain fog that was most annoying.

4. Guitart

Guitart Comrade

Sep 14, 2022

I have had Covid twice. Honestly, I am more worried about catching poison ivy than covid. Covid wastes time and resources. Only two good things come from it:
    Natural antibodies
    Catch up on sleep

I had the symptoms again 2 weeks ago. I missed a Friday. Wasted my whole weekend getting tested & waiting for results. I tested again on Monday at school. Three tests, all negatives. I guess it was just a cold. I thought those were extinct. My cold felt exactly like the current batch of Covid. A couple differences:
    A bad cold = I can go to work, feel miserable, but do your job.
    Covid = Not allowed to go to work but feel too tired & lazy to work anyways.

You'll be fine. Enjoy napping and watching all the old b/w TV Land shows.

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 14, 2022

Throat spray was my best friend when I got it. Throat was too sore to even use a lozenge.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 15, 2022

I had it a while ago but only had headache and cough. I was back to myself in about 5 days from the first sympton (one day with a HORRENDOUS headache) but I feel like I was really lucky and bounced back quickly.
    Hang in there!!

7. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Sep 15, 2022

Consider yourself very lucky. My brush with covid became long covid and I wish on a daily basis that I could feel once again the way I did before getting sick with that virus. I didn't die, but I had many nights that I doubted I would see another morning. FWIW, hubby also got sick, but had a course of illness much more like yours. I'm grateful that he didn't have the same problems.

8. Aces

Aces Devotee

Sep 16, 2022

Covid affects everyone differently. Other than what I think was it in Dec of ‘19, I’ve never tested positive for it (knock on wood). But my husband and mom both had it at the same time.

Hope you feel better soon PR²!

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 16, 2022

It's funny because I got the vaccines and felt almost worse after each dose. But each time it only lasted 1 day.

10. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Sep 18, 2022

I’m debating whether to return tomorrow OR to use up my last COVID sick-leave day. Last week, I took 4 COVID sick days and have one more. These are days granted by the board and not regular sick days. Woke up with a slightly elevated temp, headache, congestion, and a raspy voice….

11. miss-m

miss-m Groupie

Sep 18, 2022

Take the extra day. Pushing yourself to work when you’re still sick just drags out your recovery time

12. a2z

a2z Virtuoso

Sep 18, 2022

Why are you considering going in if you are still having symptoms with an elevated temp?

13. CaliforniaRPCV

CaliforniaRPCV Comrade

Sep 19, 2022

A 15 minute home test is not acceptable?

14. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2022

Glad I took today off. Def not ready yet…. This COVID has really wiped me out. I plan to go back tomorrow. I think it’s gonna a rough rest of the week.

15. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Sep 19, 2022

Yeah, even if you have no symptoms like coughing, etc. you might just have low energy for a while. It's common and can last a while so don't stress yourself out trying to do too much.

16. Guitart

Guitart Comrade

Sep 19, 2022

Not when it comes up negative. I had to take three tests in all to prove I was clean.

17. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Sep 19, 2022

Make sure you base your return date on a normal temperature. Not every person is well in five or six days. People who go to work sick take the chance of infecting other teachers and students, and no workplace should expect employees to show up when running a fever.

18. Pi-R-Squared

Pi-R-Squared Connoisseur

Sep 21, 2022

No fever upon return... I do have to wear a mask for the rest of the week. Still constantly clearing my throat but that's about it.

vickilyn and Aces like this.