The Class No One Wants

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by iteachbx, Jun 1, 2013.

1. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2013

So I'm not entirely thrilled in my current situation at my school. Id like to stay in co-teaching ideally, but with a different co-teacher. (Although I know that could turn out worse than my current situation.)

Id also like to loop and go back to 4th grade. But the chances of that happening AND getting a new co-teacher are very, very small. We both requested 4th grade for next year anyway.

There is going to be a class next year in a different grade that so far (based on some wide spread rumors) no one wants to teach. The class is very, very low. I'm thinking I might want to offer to teach this class. I'd stay in special ed, but I'd be on my own. Again, not ideally what I want, but the more I think about it the more I'm open to it. I also think I could handle the challenge of such a low level class in a testing grade.

Should I say something to my principal about wanting this class? I did request this grade level as my 2nd choice, but should I be straightforward and say I want to take that particular class? Or should I wait and see if they might possibly ask me to take it, knowing I want a change?

3. msufan

msufan Comrade

Jun 1, 2013

I see no benefit to being coy here.

4. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

The only thing I can think of is that if you saw you would take the class as a second coice, and it is a class that nobody wants, that's very likely where they will place you. So, I would only offer if that's for sure what you want.

5. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Jun 6, 2013

When I first had to write down what grades I wanted I hadn't really considered it but I've thought about it a lot since then and I think it is what I want. I'm going to see if its brought up first when I meet with principal at the end of the year, if not I will bring it up. Thanks!