The best gift you got FOR somebody

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mmswm, Dec 25, 2008.

1. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Dec 28, 2008

I think the best gift I gave this year would have to be a gift I got my 16 yr old daughter. She has this obsession with the Christmas song "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"
    Even though money is tight this year and presents were all bought. I was grocery shopping on Christmas eve and there in the store was a giant bright green(her favorite color) hippo. Ihad to buy it. When she woke up on Christmas and saw this big green hippo she squealed and they have been inseperable ever since.

2. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Dec 29, 2008

I bought my mom and my sisters picture frames. My mom's frame said "Like mother, like daughter: the best compliment there is." and my sisters' said "Sister, we'll always be close...you know too much." Inside of the frame I put a collage picture that I created at walgreens.com that lets you upload your own pics and then arranges randomly. I put about twenty different pics of my sisters and myself at different ages from toddlers to college graduation. They absolutely loved it. I made a copy for myself too to put in my classroom when I go back.

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 29, 2008

The year I worked for Goodwill (in the day care) I shopped for everyone at Goodwill. Everyone got at least 7 big boxes of stuff. I spent very little, since I got a discount. The family loved it. For the same amount of money ($40 each person) I was able to buy toys, clothes, and misc. The kids looked for the Goodwill boxes for years.

4. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008

Hi EACH1TEACH1,
    I'm interested in that photo collage!
    I order my prints at WalGreens and I hadn't seen anthing like that on their site; but I'm sure I'm just overlooking it.
    Was it very expensive?
    Nice gift!

5. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Dec 29, 2008

My boyfriend loved his merrell sneakers I got for him. I was surprised he liked them b/c he is SO PICKY. He was surprised I was able to pick out something for him that he liked. He said do you know how long it takes me to find shoes I like.
    I got my aunt and uncle a digital pic frame and my cousins and I uploaded pics on it, they loved it.

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008

haha, my old roomie used to always give me a little hippo knick knack on Christmas because of that song.

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 29, 2008

I got it at Linen's and Things and they are going out of business, so it was pretty cheap. Under $20 anyway. And it will get good use - my sister already said she wants one for every birthday, and mom asked to borrow it for my other sister's birthday, too.

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Dec 29, 2008

I LOVE it :) That's so great.

9. each1teach1

each1teach1 Cohort

Dec 29, 2008

Hi, if you're on walgreens.com, click on photos and then click on gifts. Under gifts is collage and prints. It's relatively cheap considering how much my family liked it. If you go pick it up at the store, they're 29 cents per collage print.