The Bachelorette: Jesse vs. Jason

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Miss Kirby, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 8, 2008

Well, her choice was a surprise indeed! I figured a wedding announcement was the big surprise, I didn't think it was pregnancy. I hope the ceremony's on TV.

I'm sure they'll ask Jason to be the next Bachelor, but I wouldn't be surprised if he declines because he doesn't want to go through all that having a son. But if he is the next one, great! I kinda liked Jeremy& if he's the next one, I wouldn't be disappointed.

I like DeAnna better than any of the other bachelorettes (Trista, Meredith Phillips, & Jennifer Schefft).

2. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 8, 2008

The best thing about the match is that Jesse allows her to actually act her own age. The poor girl has been forced to grow up so quickly and I was surprised to find out that she's only 26. Jesse helps her let go.

Jason would have settled her into a mature relationship, and while it wasn't right for DeAnna, I would leap for a chance to chase that man if I weren't already married. That being said, I highly doubt Jason would accept the offer to be The Bachelor. It would be traumatic for his son.

3. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 8, 2008

So, she is in real estate.....

Had not been keeping up, but saw the final show last night!

I think she screwed up big time picking Jesse over Jason!

Deanna led this guy on, and in his own words, "When did you know?" and "Why did you let me get down on my knees!"

She lied to him, IMO. She said she didn't know until that morning. Yet during the same show, she said when she first saw Jesse, she knew it was something different about him. She also said she knew her parents wouldn't like him. She picked Jason because he was everything that she wanted and what her parents wanted for her. He had a good job, was stable and already had a son. To me, that was the worse part. He introduced her to his family, and the most important thing to him, his son. :(

She literally took him to swim with sharks, just to see if he wanted to have fun and be exciting.

But as her father said to Jesse, "What are you going to do when you get my age and you can't snowboard anymore?" What will they do? Have a ski shop on the mountains? Be a ski instructor? What if, heaven help him, he gets hurt? How can he make a living after he is no longer able to ski? Does he have any other tangible skills?

It seems to me that she picked Jason to prove that she could find the right guy, and then dump him like she got dumped. And then took somebody who was fun! She seems like the person who wants to be in charge of the relationship. If he does not mature, and decides that he wants to continue to have fun, and old age creeps up on her, she will fine out she made a big mistake.

Unless, she wants to run her own ship. Which seems to be the case. Then she will have a house full of kids and a husband to take care of!

I found out she's in real estate. She pretty much can have what she wants, unless the market goes down. Then she will be stuck with her decision.

Jason got messed over big time. He said he took off his shield of armour, but I have been there...and I bet he really didn't mean that. He's going to 'build that wall', and not let anybody else in for a long time.

Makes you want to listen to Phil Collins, "Against All Odds", and just cry! And a few Whitney Houston songs too.

"Why does it hurt so bad?"

4. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2008

What a "surprise"??! Duh, when you got an engagement ring...then a wedding usually follows. The producers sure worked that one up. I'm glad she wasn't pregnant...but then, they are sleeping around. How's that for too much info? :blush:

5. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 8, 2008

Considering the success rate of the show, it I think it's a pleasant surprise that a date is being set. Only one other Bachelorette has set a date (and she thankfully kept it). None of the Bachelors have married their chosen ladies, including Byron, who needs to get off his butt before Mary hurts him for real. Hell, even I waffled for months before letting my now-husband talk me into looking at a calendar.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 8, 2008

My words exactly! I was so glad to hear that a date had ACTUALLY BEEN SET...unlike all but one of the previous couples. I know that things can always happen, but for all these people who get on the show who claim to be ready to meet that special someone & get married, the track record's been horrendous! And no one needs to be getting pregnant. The courtships are a speedy process as it is.

7. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2008

I really wanted her to choose Jason too, and was upset when I watched him get out of the limo. But when I watched the after show, I can tell she made the right decision. Yeah, she's a little annoying-but you can tell she really loves Jesse. It's a completely different side to her.

I thought she was going to pick Jason, but then I started thinking that I doubt she would have kept Jesse around that long for nothing, so at the end of the show I started thinking it would be him.

8. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2008

Maybe I am old fashion, or just old! but I say, she needs some stability and responsiblity in her life. Jesse has admitted many times he does not know what he is doing, or how to do anything. Do you really want somebody who will enter a room jumping over furniture? He will be fun, sure...but can he turn that on and off when it is appropriate?

I'm sorry, but I need to know he can do something else besides snowboarding.... :D

Jesse would have been good for a long term relationship.

Then when she decided to settle down and get married...

Jason would have found somebody else!!!

9. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 9, 2008

Hmmm...well you have to remember that this show just shows a small glimpse of a person's life and networks cut and paste footage to make it more intriguing to the viewer. Only Deanna knows what is good for her, no one else. Jesse seems to really know who he is as a person and I can't see why he (or anyone for that matter) could become successful in other areas. We all have an abundance of potential. Just because he enjoys snowboarding now...does not mean he is useless in other areas. He showed he could turn his fun side off and on, which Deanna even commented on. This is the reason I usually don't like watching these kinds of shows...people jump to conclusions too quickly and judge based on the small amount of footage they see...

10. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 9, 2008

Did anyone else hear the rumor that Paula Abdul's ex-boyfriend is going to be a future Bachelor?

11. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 10, 2008

good point...

12. Gr4TexasTchr

Gr4TexasTchr New Member

Jul 10, 2008

I was really hoping she would pick Jason,. He just seemed so nice and down to Earth. He had a great way of interacting with her and caring for her. I was amazed at how touched he was by the "little things" in life. DeAnna was saying how she wanted to have several kids before she was 30 and she was for sure ready to settle down. I was surprised that she picked Jesse b/c his interactions with the family didn't seem as good and he wasn't ready to settle down and commit.

I too would love to see Jason on the bachelor, but who knows if he would accept an offer like that with a kid. I will keep my fingers crossed that he is the next bachelor.

13. Gr4TexasTchr

Gr4TexasTchr New Member

Jul 10, 2008

I couldn't agree more with Master Pre-K.

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 10, 2008

It may not be right, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jason's the next bachelor & they bring his son in on an episode or two to see how he really gets along w/ the last 3-4 ladies.

Now, I personally wouldn't want my child exposed to anything like that, but they seem to make reality shows more & more unique all the time, so who knows!

15. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 11, 2008

I wonder what would happen if Jason agreed ONLY if Ty could stay with him (but AWAY from the ladies for the main part). That would do away with any creepy midnight stalking.

16. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2008

thanks Gr4!!!

In response to dragonfly, I do agree you make a good point. I am sure Jesse, like most of us, has plenty of positive things going on in his life. But the fact that they didn't mention these things makes the show more dramatic.

I also agree with Ms. I. I was very careful about going out with guys when my daughter was younger. In fact, I never bothered to introduce her to anyone unless we were very close. I think that is too much for kids to deal with. It's a catch-22 situation. When they are young, they are so impressionable, and easily attached to everyone. It becomes harder on them when you break up. When they get older, they are very protective and jealous.

Maybe we should start another thread, "What are the best choices and times for single parents to date? Actually, up until 3 is a good age, because the kids won't remember too much. I hope Jason finds someone who is really good for him, before Ty gets much older.

17. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 11, 2008

Some of it is also how they choose to portray the men. I remember on the very first episode when they were introducing the men. Most of the men they showed 10 seconds or less, and then they had this huge, long part with Jason. It was long enough that I thought it was weird they showed him so much longer, and I still remember it now. So maybe they wanted it to look like he would win. It's not as good of a show if everyone can tell exactly what is going to happen.

But I wanted him to win too!

18. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 11, 2008

Seems like I have seen bachelor shows with women who had kids. Jason was the only guy who had a kid.

Ok, well I had to throw this one out here...

why do they only have one black guy?

They could have had at least two or three, and even some more guys of other races. She did not say she only wanted her own race. Did he have to be Greek?? If so, it seems obvious that the one guy would never have a chance.

Hmmm...now there's another thread...

Have you, would you, could you, date out of your race???

Hey, I'm not getting any younger... :p

Maybe we should take a cue from the stars...they have been doing it for years...

19. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 11, 2008

There were two black Bachelors, if I'm right and Ryan is at least biracial. DeAnna sent Jeffrey home after the first night. The pics and bios are at:
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/bachelorette/index?pn=bios#t=bachelors

As for Eric, MAN he was boring (good looking, but bor-ring). Find another topic aside from common ethnicity and you might have a chance with a date. I've been unlucky enough to be on dates that are only about, "Hey, we're both <insert culture here>! Um... did you want the rest of your fries?" :confused: It made for a lousy conversation to say the least.

20. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 12, 2008

How do you feel about older guys vs younger guys or same age only? Almost everybody I know is at least 1-10 years younger than their husband.

I don't know anyone who is exactly the same age as their spouse or boyfriend.

21. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 12, 2008

That's true. DeAnna & Jesse are BOTH 26. Usually, a guy the same age as the woman would be too immature, but who knows in this case. My parents are 10 yrs apart (dad being older). A friend of mine's parents were 15 yrs apart (father was older), but they looked no more than a few yrs apart.

Regarding other ethnicities, the thing I dislike is that the shows acts like there is only one race of people in the world. Sure, they'll put one or two other ethnicities in the mix, but they'd probably never in a million yrs do a mostly non-White Bachelor or Bachelorette show...unless maybe if it's the millionth season.

Then, if they ever did have a Black bachelor, half or most of the ladies would probably be White and Mexican.

22. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 12, 2008

My mother is two years older than my father (she snagged a freshman when she was a junior). It seems to have worked out well for them since their 39th anniversary is next month.

23. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 12, 2008

My husband is a year and a half younger than me. But yes, you're right about the immaturity thing!

24. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 13, 2008

I think it is different in each case. One's maturity level is not solely dependent on their age. Life events can greatly increase the maturity level of someone, so it is hard to say that a younger person is less mature than someone older. I personally have met a few older men who are less mature than their younger counterparts. :p

My husband and I are both 28 (well...he is a month and a half older) ;)

25. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

26. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 13, 2008

I'd go for the dress. It's nice and summery.

Oh, and I just talked to someone whose friends helped Jesse fill out his Bachelorette application. Apparently, he's a major moron who mostly wore the crazy outfits he did because they were made by his snowboarding sponsors (he got a kickback for wearing them).

27. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2008

^ So, you have a friend who's friends w/ Jesse? Well, that figures about the crazy outfits!

28. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

thanks CNF...

a little nervous, he wanted to come by. Way too soon!! I would rather meet him some place, then let him pick me up for a date.

Visiting my house is like what... just before going steady??

After the 5th date???

29. dragonfly05

dragonfly05 Companion

Jul 13, 2008

I don't have any advice for you with regards to the timing of things in a relationship as I have seen so many relationships grow at different rates! But...I wanted to wish you good luck!! How exciting for you. I hope everything goes well! :D

30. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

thanks everyone. :) .. I have not heard back yet, but really glad I you are all there to have my back..

Kinda like calling your friends back and forth!!!!

I think he got tied up and so I won't worry about it. Usually, you call first and ask for the date...not the same day, so I am not really bummed about it. Hope he isn't rushing... Maybe because he is going back home he was just trying to see me again right away.

I'll keep you posted!!!

31. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Jul 13, 2008

If Bachelor #3 wants to say hello, offer to meet him at a coffee shop near your place. It's a neutral territory, but if there's something wrong, the people who work there may able to intervene. I always met blind or semi-blind dates at the coffee ship of the B&N where I used to work, AND I'd get there early enough to make sure someone would catch if I was having a problem.

Dating is ROUGH.

32. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 13, 2008

Yeah, I noticed how he changed A LOT during the season. He went from long hair and crazy outfits to short hair and suits. It makes you wonder which one, if either, is the real him.

33. Master Pre-K

Master Pre-K Virtuoso

Jul 13, 2008

Do you think Jesse cut his hair and put on regular clothes to impress DeAnna? Even if his job was giving him those outfits, he seemed more relax and comfortable. I would rather somebody be themselves all the time, or at least tell me...hey I dressed up for dinner, but I am just a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy.

Ok, well I am going to call it a night.. Don't think I'm going anywhere..but that's okay. good night all...

34. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 13, 2008

MPK, sorry you didn't hear from the guy. I replied a lot more to you in my thread, "Ways to Meet Someone."

35. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

36. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 3, 2008

Another one bites the dust! That's a shame. I was looking forward to finally seeing a 2nd televised wedding.

37. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 4, 2008

Thanks for the update, cMcD.

I had rooted for the other guy...what's his name? I think it was Jeremy. Somehow, Jesse didn't seem right for her. But after reading the article...it seems like SHE's not right for Jesse.

38. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Nov 4, 2008

Who else is now REALLY salivating for Jason's turn as The Bachelor? He kinda reminds me of someone I dated a decade ago, so I'm really rooting for him to get it right.