The Bachelor--Brad and Emily

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by scholarteacher, Mar 16, 2011.

1. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2011

I normally don't watch this religiously, but started recently because my son knows Emily. He works for the Hendrick Company, and Rick Hendrick's son was her little girl's father. Anyway, my son says Brad and Emily have broken up and gotten back together already, and Emily says she's not moving to Austin. I mean, really, how can you marry a guy who's been smooching up another girl on the very same show? Apparently Brad and Emily watched the season together and she didn't like how close he was with several of the other girls!:huh:

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 16, 2011

She admitted that on the after the final rose episode they had. I haven't watched it, but my sister was watching while we were talking the other day so I decided to watch. I was glad they had the successful couples on there to give advice. My feeling is that Emily and Brad won't last.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2011

I know I could not and would not participate in such a show because I wouldn't be able to stomach the idea of someone I've developed feelings for being intimate with another. Just several hours before choosing me to be his wife he's with another woman and considering who he cares for more? No way. The idea is repulsive. I can imagine how this woman feels—although I wonder if she didn't at least consider the possibility of these emotions prior to enlisting...

5. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2011

I wouldn't like it-but that's the reason why I wouldn't go on a show like that. She had to know what she was getting herself in to!

6. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Mar 16, 2011

I agree. It's not like this show is new or something. There have been many seasons already and she should have known this so she could have prepared herself mentally and emotionally. Unless she didn't expect to get that far.

She didn't seem very convinced to marry Brad.

7. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2011

Yeah, if there's Mr. Right out there for me, God will drop him in my lap, not the ABC network! And he won't be heartbroken over someone else the day he proposes!

8. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 16, 2011

Ok... take this for what it's worth. I didn't watch the season...but DID happen to catch the final two girls meeting with Brad to find out if they were the ONE (and the subsequent After the Final Rose show since my curiosities were ignited by that point).

NOT KNOWING Emily or Chantel and their relationships/past with Brad... I had to say that I didn't seem to see Emily head over heels and jumping out of her skin with excitement at the proposal. I thought, "Yikes, this is NOT a good start, at ALL." When they presented the tease ( for the After the Rose show) that it WAS suppose to be their wedding day but that it was cancelled, I thought "well, THERE you GO!"

Watching the two on the After the Rose show... i give their chances at a future a 5% chance, at BEST! When she started hymming and hawwing... and then mentioned his quick temper? there is NO WAY I would bring a quick temper into the life of my child. No WAY! you don't have the option to make mistakes when a child is involved. Fights can grow in a matter of seconds.... and that is NO place for a child to be. On top of which, when she said she wasn't even willing to move to his town yet????? 1) i wondered if she was EVER really into it (considering that AND the fact that her acceptance of the final rose wasn't TOTALLY over the top). And 2) I knew that THAT decision was the kiss of death for the relationship (which appeared to be hanging by a string.

Lastly... let me say, if *I* was one from that couple... and if *I* was chosen and TRULY loved the man, I would NOT have waited a month to see him. We WOULD have had secret meetings. I KNOW that well into the past (when I WAS a watcher of the show) they would say that the couple WAS allowed a secret --VERY VERY hidden -- meeting or two during the break time.

Not seeing the other person? If I was head over heels? NOT POSSIBLE!!

9. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Mar 17, 2011

According to the newspaper yesterday, the relationship is over for good. 100% done. I feel the same as McKennaL. Emily was very reserved when he proposed-did NOT seem over-joyed at all. I agree that you know what you are getting into when you decide to go on this show. I just don't understand how a person can profess that they are MADLY in love with one, but still get kissy-feelie with another girl. Seems to me if you really love the first one, there wouldn't be the second, but then there would be no show.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 17, 2011

Even though I think the show is a big waste of $ paying for all those elaborate dates, helicopters, trips, etc. for a couple who probably won't last, it's one of my guilty pleasure shows, so I've watched practically all the seasons & Bachelor Pad, which is returning BTW. (Wes is in there again, Vienna, & others! :mad:)

Brad & Emily appear to be the all-American couple, but for some reason, most of these couples, except for the 2 couples who got married, can't make it last.

I don't know if I'll watch the next Bachelorette w/ Ashley, the dentist.

11. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 17, 2011

Do you think the age difference mattered?

12. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Mar 17, 2011

I'm totally watching Emily! I'm looking forward to all the double entendres that go with the dental profession (open wide and all that). Also, she's based in Philadelphia, which hopefully means her final two will be touring my home town, unless they all get dragged back up to New England.