That's it! No longer a first year teacher.

Discussion in 'New Teachers' started by Cicero, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Jun 8, 2013

Last day with the students was yesterday. It was so bittersweet. I am going to miss my 8th graders so much. I gave a little speech at their ceremony and choked up a bit. I am such a sentimental person and I am genuinely so happy that I got to meet and teach them.

How were your last days? I find myself already planning for August, ha! It is so weird to know that I am not teaching in a couple of days.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 8, 2013

Congratulations on making it through!

4. BumbleB

BumbleB Habitué

Jun 8, 2013

Congrats! I just finished my second year teaching 8th grade. I didn't cry last year, but was the most teary one on my team this year. I made some serious connections with some kiddos this year, and I was really sad to see them go. A lot of the kids were crying, too!

I still have more cleaning to do in my classroom, but I'll be doing a lot of work for the upcoming school year during the summer. I'm taking two classes (online), organizing and implementing a new curriculum for 8th grade ELA, and teaching summer school at the beginning of August.

5. vivalavida

vivalavida Companion

Jun 9, 2013

Congrats!

6. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Jun 11, 2013

Thanks everybody! :)

7. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Jun 11, 2013

Congratulations! I will be sad when my time with my class is over - they are GREAT - but I can't wait to no longer be a first year teacher myself!! It's so great to feel like I at least sort of maybe mostly kind of know what I'm doing! :D 13 more days for me! :)