That was easy!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by AZMrs.S, Jun 21, 2011.

1. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 21, 2011

So I was checking out some yard sales a couple weeks ago and I came across a Staples easy button for only .10! I, of course, couldn't turn it down!

I have decided that I will keep it in my classroom and a student will be allowed to push it when they master or make a great leap in their understanding of a subject (for example, if I have a kid really struggling with the correct usage of capitals and then they complete an assignment and all of their capitals are correct they will get to push the easy button and have a mini celebration with the class!) I was thinking to take this a step further I could create some sort of card, or notebook where they get to write about what it was that they accomplished and why it was easy! Then I thought they could take it home as a momento and share their successes with their familes...

What do you think about this? I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate the little things and encourage students who are struggling with specific things :) Also, any ideas on what I should include on the cards that they get to take home?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2011

It sounds great! But make sure you have expectations so that they don't over use it.

4. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jun 21, 2011

Thanks, I absolutely will have expectations... I am still deciding what my criteria is... If anyone has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them! :)

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 21, 2011

Probably something that the students need to share with you first.

6. sevenplus

sevenplus Connoisseur

Jun 21, 2011

I have an Easy button. Some years I use it more often than others. One year I used it when I was emphasizing the strategy TTQA (turn the question around). When we where doing whole-group stuff and a student answered using the strategy, they got to push the button.

7. miss_ali1984

miss_ali1984 Companion

Jun 26, 2011

My kids seem to destroy things like this really quickly, so I use it in after school reading tutoring in a more controllable setting. I have 5 children and we do round-robin reading. If they read an entire page correctly (no matter how long it takes) they get to hit the Easy button! :-D They love it!

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jun 26, 2011

I got one of those for my last classroom! We never had a chance to use it, so it's for sale on Sprout now. But I loved the idea when I had it!!