Thanksgiving plans?????

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by SCTeachInTX, Nov 17, 2012.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Nov 17, 2012

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? The family will be at my house... Mom, mom in law and my Hubby and kids. Missing the rest of my fam. But...Christmas is right around the corner!:celebrate::celebrate:

3. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Nov 17, 2012

Going to my parents today (Saturday).
    We have the traditional feast, family football game, sleep over, and all go to church together.

My in-laws are immigrants and do not celebrate this holiday.

Thanksgiving Day will be board games, NFL football, naps, and Charle Brown Thanksgiving feast. :D

4. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Nov 17, 2012

I'm going to my fiancé's parent's house for Thanksgiving and spending the rest of the time with my parents because my sister, her husband, and their new baby are visiting.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so it's not a huge deal for us, but just a nice time for family. :)

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 17, 2012

I'm going to Mom's house for lunch. That's when she fixes her big meal. We have leftovers for supper. Her boyfriend will probably join us. We usually take plates to a couple of Mom's neighbors who aren't able to fix a big meals and don't have family locally.

6. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Nov 17, 2012

So afterall my daughter is going with her father. He lives in Arizona, but is already here, so I can pretty much count on him taking her. Not that I 'need' him to take her, I just hate it when he promises something and then doesn't follow through.

So I'll be alone this whole week, starting tomorrow. Which is not bad, because I'll be working Mon-Wednesday anyways.
    Last Wednesday we had a TG potluck at school, so I already ate great food. On Thursday I'll probably have a yam :)

7. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2012

40-50 Palestinian-American In-laws for our first annual "Big Fat Arab Thanksgiving." Turkey, Hashweh, Shwerma, stuffing, mashed potatos, hummus, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, red wine, microbrew, arak, baklava, arabic coffee, columbian coffee, and a lot of debates over how last names are spelled.

8. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 18, 2012

You wouldn't notice if a few extra bodies showed up, would you Sarge? That sounds fabulous!

We have Thanksgiving in October, but my baby wasn't able to make it home from school then. I'm picking her up on Tuesday, and she'll be home until Sunday.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 18, 2012

Yeah, I think Sarge's family has the true spirit of Thanksgiving down pat. Combining cultures and getting together with family to give thanks. I think that is awesome. It makes me so sad when I hear, "my relatives are from another country so they don't believe in/celebrate Thanksgiving". Have a great dinner, Sarge!!

10. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Nov 18, 2012

We are invited to our son's girlfriend's house- we are very excited. We get along so well with them, and it is time to start a new family tradition. :)

11. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 18, 2012

DH's family comes here...this year just his mom, dad, brother...pls my sons, DIL and other son's gf.
    We bought the turkey yesterday...everyone as a specialty side dish...one son makes cranberry/fig sauce, I do the stuffing and sweet potatoes casserole. Other son does mashed potatoes. My dh usually just carves but he's a great cook so he's joining the sides party this year...he's making Williams Sonoma ultimate green bean casserole with crispy shallots:p. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/reci...ean-casserole-with-crispy-fried-shallots.html
    DIL is a pastry chef...she's making pumpkin pie from real pumpkin. MIL bringing some cheeses, pies.
    Looking forward to family time.:love:

12. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Nov 18, 2012

Sounds yummy! I miss the days when I was not head cook. But, what can I do? I will be cooking and enjoying fam time!

13. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Nov 18, 2012

I will be teaching and finishing up home reports.