Thanksgiving Plans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 11, 2010

What's everyone doing this year?

For the 1st time ever on any holiday, I'll be out of town Tues - Fri, going to Reno w/ my parents. We haven't been on a vacation just the 3 of us in eons since I was 17 when we went to Hawaii. This will probably be the LAST vacation all 3 of us will ever go on because my dad's older & moves a lot slower these days, plus he doesn't really care much about travelling. It's kind of sad when I think about it. :(

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 11, 2010

I cook for dh's family...Could have as many as 16 guests...

4. Momma C

Momma C Comrade

Nov 11, 2010

Hubby is working, so I'm going to Mom's !!!!

5. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Nov 11, 2010

I am going to Virginia to see my new grandson! :)

6. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2010

On Thanksgiving I will go to my Grandma's for dinner at noon, which is the main event, but we also stop in at my Nana's to see the other side of the family later, but I usually don't eat there.

This year BF was torn - he wanted to go home with me because I have a big huge family and it is always fun, but he also wants to see his family, which is his mom, aunt and uncle. So we are doing a pre-Thanksgiving dinner at our house with them on the Sunday before Thanksgiving. And my parents may come as well. His aunt and uncle don't eat much meat and since we will all have our dinners on Thanksgiving, we are doing a more non-traditional meal - probably butternut ravioli, brussel sprouts, an orange bourbon pecan pie, 3 bean salad, and I am not sure what else yet.

Of course my favorite thing about the whole weekend is Black Friday shopping with my mom and sister. This year we are planning to start a singalong in the mall food court. lol.

7. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Nov 11, 2010

We are having Thanksgiving, also. We are having all 5 kids (and 2 boyfriends/girlfriends/fiances), my parents, my wife's parents my aunt, my 2 uncles, cousin and husband, my two other cousins and their families, and a close friend of mine from school who cannot afford to fly home. I am also still blessed to have my grandfather who is 99 (he was a grandfather at aged 45, had my dad at 19).

So I think that's 27 people. It will be a fun-filled and crazy day. I do, love my family, and am lucky we are so close.

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 11, 2010

I've been staying here alone until Christmas, so I was thinking I might go to a student's house (who invited me over for Thanksgiving when they heard I was alone). I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that though.

But tonight my mom called me.....my grandparent's bought me a ticket to come home for Thanksgiving!!!! I'm so excited! I'll be flying home 3 hours after school gets out on Wednesday, and coming back on that Sunday.

9. Chrissteeena

Chrissteeena Companion

Nov 12, 2010

My boyfriend and I are hosting Thanksgiving this year. *GULP* My parents are driving down from NY; they'll be here on the 20th.

So it'll be my boyfriend, myself, my mom, my dad, ….and then if his parents decided to come my boyfriends mom and step-dad (who cancelled last minute last time they were invited for a holiday because "they didn't feel like coming") and my grandma (she is still undecided if she will be here with us for Thanksgiving or go to NC to my Aunt and Uncles)

Either way, it should be fun. I've never cooked a turkey before, I've never made mashed potatoes from scratch, I've never made stuffing. I can make string beans though so at least we'll eat some veggies! LOL

10. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Nov 12, 2010

We will spend Thanksgiving with my husband's family. We meet up at the family lake home.

11. MsMaggs

MsMaggs Comrade

Nov 12, 2010

We spend Thanksgiving camping on the beach! This year we'll be camping for 7 days! It's tough making a Thanksgiving feast in our little trailer, but we do a potluck type thing with the people in our group and it always turns out great! :)

12. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Nov 13, 2010

My husband and I are actually hosting our first Thanksgiving in our new house! I'm excited, but nervous in hopes that everything will turn out ok! Foodwise!

13. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Nov 13, 2010

Going over my in-laws and spending the entire weekend with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law :-( But on the way back we are staying in a hotel for a night near at huge mall so daughter and I can go shopping. Yay!!

14. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Nov 13, 2010

Orginally we were going to my inlaws and my MIL was going to host all of the family on Thursday. I told my family and they decided since we would be with inlaws they would go see family in CT and have Thanksgiving with them.

Then his family moved the dinner to Friday night and we can't go with my family to CT b/c it is a long trip for one day. So Wednesday night we will see my family before they leave and Thursday we will spend with my inlaws and their friends and Friday is dinner again with my inlaws and the rest of his family.
    I am not thrilled. Next year is with my family or I will host