Thanksgiving crafts/projects

Discussion in 'Montessori Archives' started by Pattypoo, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Pattypoo

Pattypoo Comrade

Nov 10, 2005

What special Thanksgiving projects are you going to be doing with your class? I am looking for some ideas. My creativity is running low lately! Thanks so much!

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Nov 10, 2005

I'm having them make placemats - not too creative - where they cut out a cornucopia and veggies/fruits out of construction paper and glue onto a background. Then I laminate.

4. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Nov 11, 2005

I always do the hand print turkey, last year I let them use water colors and then we cut out their hand print, and put it on a colored paper that enhansed it, like orange or red. I have made the small turkey made with a straw hat and felt (stole idea from oriental trading). Indian headbands with construction paper fethers are fun and easy. For fall we are using the small foam leaf shapes and a pice of cardboard cut from cereal box to make a magnetic picture frame, and I have used the big leaf foam shapes to make magnets with google eyes and draw on a smile. I have seen a turkey made with handprints for feathers, and foot outline drown on brown paper for the body. (forgot where I saw that).