Thanksgiving Craft Ideas!!

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by leannwade, Nov 8, 2007.

1. leannwade

leannwade Rookie

Nov 8, 2007

I need some GREAT ideas!! Any help? Thanks.

Leann

3. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Nov 8, 2007

Last year I did a cute bulletin board. They each decorated a big turkey and then had a construction paper feather for each letter of their name.

4. zawa

zawa Rookie

Nov 8, 2007

We have to have most of our Thanksgiving decorations done by *tomorrow* for our annual Thanksgiving dinner. Two of the things that I did that I thought turned out really cute were pilgrim hats and feathered turkeys. The pilgrim hats were just small terra cotta pots (82 cents each) that I let the kids roll around in a big tray of black paint. I cut out a white band and gold buckle to put around each as a hat band. The turkeys were just clip art ones that I had them color and then glue feathers on-- we try to steer clear of coloring pictures, but I figured the addition of the feather gluing might have helped make it not just a "color this picture" activity. My kids are 1, so the craft activities we do have to be pretty simple.

5. MissJennifer

MissJennifer Companion

Nov 9, 2007

Our theme this week was "The Farm" so we made cute turkeys that we can use as Thanksgiving decorations too! :) We used pinecones for the bodies and fall leaves for the feathers - we glued the leaves on paper and then the pinecones kind of in the middle (took a LOT of glue) and then used wiggly eyes and I cut out beaks and gobblers out of construction paper. They turned out pretty cute! :) I found the idea at dltk-kids.com under farm animals.

6. LittleDuckie

LittleDuckie Rookie

Nov 10, 2007

I did my hallway board based on the book "setting the turkeys free." It's all about a little boy who makes hand turkeys (painting your hand and adding deco) and he builds a fence yard for them to live, but then a fox comes and tried to eat the turkeys to he let his turkeys free. But at the end they all came back...my hallway I painted the paper with the fence and had all the kids make hand turkeys! All the parents at school love it!

7. msaly

msaly Comrade

Nov 11, 2007

last year we made candle holders. Each child was given a baby food jar, without the lid. Then give the kids glue(watered down a little) with gold glitter in it then let them glue yellow, orange and red tissue paper to the jar, then you or the kids can add a layer of glue on top of the tissue paper, let it dry and put a candle in the jar. my kids loved it and the parents had something homemade for the table on thanksgiving. we also did handprint turkeys.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Nov 11, 2007

what a precious idea! Wish I would have seen this thread before we did our turkeys; oh well. :haha:

PS - scmom; what if you have a kiddo with a very short name like J.C.? I'm thinking you just add extra feathers on each side, right?