Thank you's... Help me fix my letter!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by roseteacher12, Jul 15, 2009.

1. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

Edit: Here is what I came up with so far! Please help!

Dear Ms. _________,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to interview me yesterday as a candidate for the Kindergarten position at *******. I enjoyed talking to you and learning more about the position as well! I am extremely excited about the opportunity to continue teaching in the ******** schools and I know that my experience and familiarity with the Kindergarten curriculum and school district will be an asset to *******. The challenges I faced in my classroom this past year as well as the knowledge I gained because of them has made me extremely prepared and confident in my abilities to transition into the position with ease.

Thank you again for taking the time to interview me yesterday. I felt that my time in ****** has allowed me to grow as a teacher and I would love to stay an active part of the district. After our meeting, I am even more enthusiastic about this opportunity. I look forward to speaking with you again soon.

I'm sooo lost on this!!!

anddddd does anyone have a copy of letters that have sent? I really have no idea what is required or "ok" to write! The interview was with the principal, a resource teacher and one of the grade level teachers.

anyyyy help with this would be greatly appreciated! I'm at a total loss on how to go about doing this and wnat to get them out today!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2009

When will they be making a decision soon? If so then I would email. If you have time, then I would mail it out on resume paper. And if you aren't sure about ms/mrs...then I would do Ms. Lastname.

4. darlibby

darlibby Companion

Jul 15, 2009

Ms. mean either married or single. I *always* use Ms. even if I know their relationship status.

5. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

ok thanks =) i will usually address cover letters however they list themselves in the ad or on the school's website. This school doesn't have them liste that way though.

6. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 15, 2009

This is what I have done in the past with Thank you's...if they are making their decision quickly, I email. If they are taking a week to make a decision, I mail out either a note card with a hand written thank you or I create my own by using their school mascot as the "watermark" and I usually type the thank you note. I figured this would show them that I am creative! :)

7. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

i wish i knew a little more clearly when they were making their desicion. I didn;t really get a chance to ask specifically because of the way we ended the interview so I'm not positive. I am contemplating just sending them.

8. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

i edited this post with the draft I've come up with so far. Any changes or suggestions you have would be wonderful!!!!

9. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2009

Try this -- it is much less wordy and formulaic. Short and sweet means it gets read :)

Dear Ms. _________,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to interview me yesterday for the kindergarten position at *******.

Talking with you allowed me to learn so much more about this position. I am extremely excited about the opportunity to continue teaching in the ******** school district. I know that my experience and familiarity with the curriculum and district will be an asset to your school, and the successes and challenges I met with this past school year have equipped me with the knowledge and ability to optimally fill the position.

I look forward to remaining an active an contributing member of the district. Since our meeting, I am even more enthusiastic about this opportunity. I look forward to speaking with you again soon.

Sincerely,
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

10. roseteacher12

roseteacher12 Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

Thank you SOO SO much!!! i definetely have always had a problem getting things to sound correct and you took all of my ideas and made it sound MCH better. I love it!!!!! :wub:

11. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 15, 2009

Shucks, thanks. My journalism degree comes in handy once in a while :)

12. matteo49

matteo49 Rookie

Jul 29, 2009

This has been incredibly helpful for me too. Thanks so much!