Thank you!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by stephanie90102, Mar 7, 2007.

1. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Mar 7, 2007

Sooooooooooo....... I had my interview for the LTS position. It went well, and I should find out around the end of this week. Now I have a rough draft of a thank you letter I would like to send to the principal for my interview. Feedback/ tips/ suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks everyone!!

It was wonderful to have interviewed with you on Tuesday, March 6, 2007, regarding the future fourth grade long term substitute teaching position in Harriet Beecher Stowe School. The position described seems like a rewarding opportunity, and I look forward to your decision concerning this matter.

As mentioned during the interview, I love being a teacher. Teaching is my passion, and I look forward to each day I can spend in the classroom. Through my education and experience as a substitute teacher, I feel that I have learned many skills and techniques vital to a long term substitute teacher. Some of these skills include flexibility, strong management skills, and a familiarity with children of all ages. Additionally, I have recent experience as a long term substitute teacher, so I am aware of the expectations in store for whoever earns this position.

Thank you for your hospitality during my visit and for the opportunity to meet with you concerning this position. Having heard more about it, I am even more excited about the possibility of working at Harriet Beecher Stowe School. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

I racked my brain over the whoever/ whomever in this letter, so if anyone can guide me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks everyone! ~Stephanie

3. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 7, 2007

Hi Stephanie,

Good luck, I hope you get this position. I thought your letter expressed a real passion and excitement for the position! I do think you can eliminate the second paragraph. In my opinion, you just want to follow up by thanking the interviewer, you don't want to restate your resume and cover letter. I say keep it short and simple. I would keep the first paragraph and the last paragraph.

Also, I would get rid of I look forward to your decision..... it sounds like you are not confident.

This is just my thoughts, and I'm sure you will get alot more advice too.

Good Luck.