Thank you Teacher!

Discussion in 'Substitute Teachers' started by Mrs. R, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Mrs. R

Mrs. R Rookie

Jan 25, 2008

I just have to say, I had a very easy day....and it was all thanks to a teacher who was well organized and planned an easy day for me. Why can't all teachers do this? It wasn't a minimum day or anything, it was a full day of 6th grade. The teacher left a review worksheet for math, a quiz for a book the kids already read, computer lab time, a movie and the library. I coasted through the day with a smile on my face. I was able to grade all the students work and make sure that the students were on task and getting the most out of the day. If you are a regular teacher, please don't choose the day you are out to have the sub teach multiplying fractions...it's just not nice (which is what happened to me yesterday). :)

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 26, 2008

Mrs. R, I'm glad that you had a good day! I too wish all teachers planned for their subs that way.

4. Amers

Amers Cohort

Jan 26, 2008

MrsR, I want to be that teacher. I've been updating my sub binder to make it as user friendly as possible. I remember the good plans left for me when I was a sub. Life was so much easier those days. I'm glad things went well for you!

5. DaveF

DaveF Companion

Feb 1, 2008

I plan as best as I can for my subs. I request her whenever I know I'm going to be gone. I lay everything out and color code everything to match the TE's. My class works hard for her and I always get a great report form her! It's almost like I was teaching that day myself. We don't lose a day of instruction!

Let the teacher or the office know if their sub plans are inadequate. Classroom teachers really appreciate good subs!