Thank you Postcards???

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by SweetHomeAlabam, Jul 26, 2009.

1. SweetHomeAlabam

SweetHomeAlabam Companion

Jul 26, 2009

I thought about ordering postcards through Vista print (free - s/h) and saying Thank you for considering me for the position????

What would you put on your thank you cards???
    (besides PLease please hire me! i'll be good!!1)

3. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 26, 2009

The front would say that but you would handwrite the actual note? If that is the case, I guess it would be okay. I would use a notecard, though. It would look more professional with the envelope and all of that.

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 26, 2009

I like a notecard with my initial. I think it looks classy and professional. Or just some fancy thank you cards from Walgreens work well too. The note inside is really what matters. I agree with l8ybugmom.

5. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Jul 26, 2009

A notecard with an initial...that sounds classy.

A postcard is too...readable to the public..and a pre-printed postcard is VERY junk-mail/spam like. SOrry to rain on your parade. :( But I wanted to give you my HONEST, first impression. If i was a principal and received something like that, I would disqualify you from the HUGE stack of candidates.

Sorry.

6. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 26, 2009

I agree that the pre-printed cards are a bad idea. Even if you wrote a personal note on them, they are far too impersonal and would, indeed, resemble junk mail.

Why not just buy a small, inexpensive box of thank-you notes at the drugstore and use those instead?

7. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

Sorry, I have to disagree.

After EVERY interview I've had, I run to my car and fill out a blank thank you card discussing things from my interview. It is hand-written, short and to the point.

I IMMEDIATELY run back in and hand deliver the thank you to the secretary.

I was in sales for some time and received my first sales job this way.

As I was getting in to my car, I received a call from the manager I interviewed with. He said he LOOKS for this kind of action from candidates all the time. He asked me to get out of my car and come back into his office to accept the job offer.

I think it is a great idea.

8. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

Sorry, I forgot to add that I buy a bunch of blank thank you cards and use those.

9. Simba

Simba Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

Here I am again.

I'm sorry, but I misunderstood some of the previous posters.
    I've used blank thank you cards before. I thought that was what the others were talking about. It wasn't and I apologize.

10. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 26, 2009

LOL! Glad you clarified because I'm was reading your posts and saying to myself...Wasn't that what we said!? : ) Really? Keep the notecards in your car to fill out after you interview and run them back in? Good idea! :)

11. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jul 26, 2009

I have never heard of running them right back in after an interview. I don't want to hijack this thread, but do you think its better to mail them in after you interview? I always thought it was to remind them of your interview after the fact.

Back to the topic! I agree postcards aren't a good idea. Just a plain, simple, to the point notecard will suffice :)

12. newbie23

newbie23 Comrade

Jul 26, 2009

For a birthday gift one year I got personalized stationary with my name on the front and blank inside which are great for a variety of things.

I always hoped that by having my name on the front, it would be just one more chance for the principal (or whomever it was sent to) to think about me for the position. Whether that ever happened I don't know.

Like ohters have said, post cards are easy to toss out as junk mail and there's always a little anticipation for the reader when they have to open an envelope.