Thank You Notes Help!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Holyoke, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Dec 22, 2019

I received some very generous Christmas gifts from students this year. Our room mom gave each of us a $100 Amazon gift card as a class gift (where multiple families contributed) and I received quite a few other individual gifts.

This is new for me because I have never received gifts for Christmas from students. I am trying to figure out how to write thank you notes. I could either print out a thank you for the class gift and write a note on the specific card thanking the student if they gave me something separate. But I also feel like they will not bring that home to their families because I teach older kid (grade 6.)

My team teacher emailed a thank you to the families and said she will not do separate thank you cards for individual gifts. I was thinking of doing an email thank you (like an e-card) and writing individual notes to the 11-12 kids who brought other gifts.

Any thoughts?

Tired Teacher likes this.
  3. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Dec 22, 2019

I am kind of old school, but I think you should write thank you cards for people who took the time and spent the money, to get you something special. The ecard sounds like a good idea for the group gift. Are you going on vacation anywhere? I am not this year, but I used to just buy postcards and send them with a note of thanks. The kids always loved getting mail during Christmas vacation. If you are afraid your parents may not get the note, it is a definite way that they'll see them. This year, I just took a notepad of cute paper, wrote Thank you notes and sent them home w/ the kids.

4. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Dec 22, 2019

I actually mailed them last year (I only got a few.)

My concern is that I don’t want families/kids having my address.

Also, I feel bad only giving personalized thank you’s to some families and not others because we don’t know who contributed.

5. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Devotee

Dec 22, 2019

You don't put your address on postcards. I wouldn't give my address out either. :)
    Oh, that makes it really hard when you don't know who contributed. Could you explain to the room mom that you want to thank the parents and ask for the names?

6. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Dec 22, 2019

Ask the room mom for assistance with thank you s for the group gift. For individual gifts, mail individual thank yous. If you must put a return address, use your school address.

7. Ms.Holyoke

Ms.Holyoke Connoisseur

Dec 23, 2019

delete