Thank you note question?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by bewlove, Apr 10, 2014.

1. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Apr 10, 2014

Hey, everyone! I had a screening interview that went AWESOME on Tuesday...I feel like I will definitely get the panel interview with the principals, which comes after the screening. She was telling me all about it and wanted me to send her a video of my teaching to give to them, etc.

My question is, I certainly want to send her a thank you note. I have one all filled out, but I haven't put it in the mail yet! It's been 48 hours since my interview, lol, and I won't have a chance to mail it until tomorrow. So, should I just forget the handwritten letter and shoot her an email? Or, go ahead and send the handwritten letter, which may not arrive until next Tuesday? Or do both?

3. teach1

teach1 Companion

Apr 10, 2014

I would send a thank you email ASAP :)

4. Rhesus

Rhesus Comrade

Apr 10, 2014

I always go with email in the interest of expediency.

If you want to go paper, maybe the thing to do is bring the note or card to the interview and then leve it with the secretary as you leave.

5. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Apr 10, 2014

Thanks, everyone. I went ahead and sent an email.

Should I expect to hear anything back from this email? Or just closer to the time of the next interview?

6. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Apr 10, 2014

Don't expect a thank you for your thank you note :) if you don't get a response, don't let it bother you. Principals are super busy so you might not hear anything except for an invitation to the next round of interviews.

7. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Apr 11, 2014

Send a handwritten one if you get another interview. It makes a good impression that you took the time to do it:) Email thank you's are fine but when I was on the interviewing team for my school and received handwritten ones I always thought it was nice that they took the time to do so.

8. Teacher Gii

Teacher Gii Companion

Apr 11, 2014

I've sent mainly emailed thank you notes in the past, but on a recent interview I did a handwritten one just because I felt it went sooo well and I was like, "This principal deserves a handwritten card." I didn't get the job, but I hope he appreciated the card. There are so many emails sent in a day, I fear that anything I send will get lost in the mix, especially if they have a filter for emails other than the district domain.

9. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 11, 2014

Don't expect a response other than if you are being offered a job. Keep applying until you hear something.

10. bewlove

bewlove Companion

Apr 11, 2014

Well the good news is that while she didn't respond to my email, someone else called today and told me I made it to the panel interview!!!! It's May 9th. I will definitely do handwritten for the principals and the HR lady this time.

11. teach1

teach1 Companion

Apr 11, 2014

congrats :)