thank you letter

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by teachmemath, Aug 6, 2007.

1. teachmemath

teachmemath Companion

Aug 6, 2007

Hey everybody
    I am in the process of writing my thank you letter for the interview I had this morning(see other post).
    Let me know how this sounds (i'll welcome critiques/suggestions)

Dear XXXXX
    I enjoyed our interview today. It was a pleasure talking with a fellow "New Yorker". I just want to take this time to thank you for meeting with me. I gained much insight from the video you showed me about the school(the school day, the students, and teachers, and curriculum). I believe I would be a great asset to your school. With my creativity,dedication,and passion for teaching, I will be able to influence my students to love math.

Let me know what you think :) ?

3. Miss L

Miss L Rookie

Aug 6, 2007

That sounds really good to me! I remember someone mentioning something in this forum awhile ago that suggested mentioning something specific you talked about during the interview and it seems like you did a great job of that!

I hope we hear good news from you about this interview soon! :)

4. EnglishTeach123

EnglishTeach123 New Member

Aug 6, 2007

I like your letter. Many people preach a very specific model (paragraph 1 = thank the person and name the position, paragraph 2 = mention anything you forgot/highlight why you are a great fit, paragraph 3= explain how you plan to follow up and thank them again), but I feel like they must get way too many of those formulaic notes. I especially like how you made it personal by throwing in the "New Yorker" part (just make sure to put the period inside the parentheses).